Share This Page:

Cenotaph....did I just imagine this?

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

Paddysprat -

The 'bad points' are that the girls are not Norwegian :D
and the beer is about nine pounds fifty for just less than a pint !

I agree with London Boy - I came over here in 1966 .... 1966 !

Language absolutely no barrier - jobwise same competition you would
face anywhere. ( I benefited because of my understanding of
English :) (Banking) Salaries are good and the health care is superb -
schooling is first rate - and there is lots of elbow room.

Population about half of that facing London boy - a little over 4 million
spread a half a dozen a time upover the coast - well - spread out 8)

We do our 'heavy' shopping ,meats for example, over in Sweden as the
Swedish krone is about 81 to our hundred. A one and a half hour journey
in pleasant surroundings...

After a stint as a ski instructor with a Norwegian School in Scotland upon
completion of my time with the Corps, I came over here as a sailing
instructor and where language is concerned the kids corrected me when I
made an error - easy and comfortable with a few giggles -

Language came after just a few months - you have to eat right ?

It's do-able at any age.....
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

well im sold!
'Every man an Emperor'
waynepe

Post by waynepe »

yeah same, just come back from a night out, seen a guy beating up his woman cause she wouldnt go to the toilets with him. i stepped in and am now facing prosecution from the courts. never mind he was punching her in the face just so he could get sex. I step in as a chivalrous citizen and get the book thrown at me for being a decent human being. so what if he deserved to lose teeth over beating his woman. I am sure you agree. if a man attacks a woman over sexual contexts and the woman refuses yet the man gets physical then the man deserves getting physical himself.
application form : done
BARB test : passed 82
Medical : Broke my wrist so 12 months wait before reapply.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

waynepe wrote:yeah same, just come back from a night out, seen a guy beating up his woman cause she wouldnt go to the toilets with him. i stepped in and am now facing prosecution from the courts. never mind he was punching her in the face just so he could get sex. I step in as a chivalrous citizen and get the book thrown at me for being a decent human being. so what if he deserved to lose teeth over beating his woman. I am sure you agree. if a man attacks a woman over sexual contexts and the woman refuses yet the man gets physical then the man deserves getting physical himself.

So he beats up her and you beat up him???
Then Im afraid you deserve everything you get!!! Why should you get off just because you step into a fight and break it up by violence.
its not a get out clause.
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

waynepe wrote:yeah same, just come back from a night out, seen a guy beating up his woman cause she wouldnt go to the toilets with him. i stepped in and am now facing prosecution from the courts. never mind he was punching her in the face just so he could get sex. I step in as a chivalrous citizen and get the book thrown at me for being a decent human being. so what if he deserved to lose teeth over beating his woman. I am sure you agree. if a man attacks a woman over sexual contexts and the woman refuses yet the man gets physical then the man deserves getting physical himself.
Ah, mate, sorry to hear this. While I, as a woman, am glad to know that there are men like you out there who are willing to help if ever a situation got to that point, sadly, she's made her choice to stay with this man, and as much as you're in the cr@p now, she'll still be with him .... and it's all for nothing. She should make the choice to leave that sh1te ...
I hope that you don't get into too much crud for this ... really. Please let me know what happens with you.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." - Winston Churchill
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Glad to see you condoning violence????

Have to ask the question, why knock his teeth out when surely you could of just pulled him off??
How did you know he wanted to drag her to the toilets? or where you that close you could hear the conversation???
And I guess no one else in the pub moved to stop this maybe THE LANDLORD for instance?

I doubt this actually happened at all
Your profile says Army Prep college??? Are you even old enough to out drinking?
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

MSI64 wrote:Glad to see you condoning violence????

Have to ask the question, why knock his teeth out when surely you could of just pulled him off??
How did you know he wanted to drag her to the toilets? or where you that close you could hear the conversation???
And I guess no one else in the pub moved to stop this maybe THE LANDLORD for instance?

I doubt this actually happened at all
Your profile says Army Prep college??? Are you even old enough to out drinking?
I hope you aren't implying that I am condoning violence, as I cannot see anywhere in my post where I suggest that it's ok! I'm merely stating that it's good to know that some people are still willing to step in and help ...
should they feel the need to.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." - Winston Churchill
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

If and I stress IF this actually happened, he wasnt stepping in he was just picking a fight.
He is at Army prep college and cant even conduct himself in public!!!
Going to be a total admin nightmare for some SNCO when he gets in.
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

waynepe

Post by waynepe »

OK First off I am 19. Army preparation college is for anyone 16-18 and I have finished there a few months ago.
The event happened outside as I was walking home I could hear the man yelling at the woman and the woman whimpering back at him. When I got nearer and could see it I could see him assaulting her and trying to drag her away. I yelled at them to ask if she was ok and he told me to take a hike ( in different words). I said I was talking to the lady not him so he came over and started fronting when I pushed him away as he was right in my face. It ended up with a scuffle and him losing 2 teeth with various lacerations and bruising and myself getting a broken rib and various lacerations and bruises.

In my cautioning interview at the police station he said he was angry that they have to arrest me and that the way the British justice works now is far too much paperwork and less dealing with the real offenders. I admit if I wasn't in such a drunk state I would have handled the situation differently but in no possible outcome would I let the woman be forced to go with him when she clearly and vocally didn't want to.

After speaking with recruiting officer today about it he said he would probably have done the same but wouldn't have got caught so easily.
application form : done
BARB test : passed 82
Medical : Broke my wrist so 12 months wait before reapply.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Justified violence????

A soldier on a battlefield is justified violence!! a scuffle in the street regardless of what it was about is not justified.
There is a massivedifference between helping someone in danger and smashing a guys teeth out??
Am sure even in france that would be looked upon as a little harsh????

Im talking to the Lady????? again did you not think that acting the big guy was going to start something?? of course you did
You were showing off in front of a woman, would you have jumped in if it had been two guys??? Of course you wouldnt have.
As a recruiter myself I would have had a different view on the whole thing Im afraid.

OWK

Post by OWK »

Brown's gaff has received plenty of media attention. As did the chap urinating on the war memorial. They won't do that again!

Anyway the Poppy Appeal (the tins and the Poppy Ball) out here in sleepy Al Ain, raised quite a tidy sum from the relatively small western expat community.