Share This Page:

Billy Boyle former Para

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
bataz

Billy Boyle former Para

Post by bataz »

Just watching former Para Billy Boyle box for commonwealth light-heavyweight title against Nathan Cleverly, got outclassed, out of his depth but tough as old boots.
Application - Done.
BARB - Passed.
Basic Skills - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - Passed.
ADSC - 19/05/09 - Passed.
Chosen Man - 08/06/09.

ITC Catterick - 23rd August.

Chosen Regiment - The Rifles.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

I have never heard of him, but David Barnes the former British light-welterweight champion also claimed he was a paratrooper, which he wasn't.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
bataz

Post by bataz »

Dunno how people think they can get away with it, the truth always comes out.
Application - Done.
BARB - Passed.
Basic Skills - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - Passed.
ADSC - 19/05/09 - Passed.
Chosen Man - 08/06/09.

ITC Catterick - 23rd August.

Chosen Regiment - The Rifles.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

He was totally out of his depth, and his corner where right to step in as they did. Cleverly certainly looked strong and promising for the feature.

Also in my relatively short time in Armature boxing my self it is amazing how many lads who fight who then go on to say after the bout they where 'in the paras' etc I'm sure one or two may be telling the truth but I’m sure the majority aren’t.

The big one however is next week in stoke, Chris Edwards (a Pro at the gym I train in) defending his flyweight British title at Fenton manor sport complex, also on Friday fight night, got my ticket to go and can't bloody wait. Was there when he won that and the common wealth title and that was a great nights boxing. so with any luck it might be more of the same.

Stokey
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Whats"Armature boxing"then?
Do you get in the ring with an electrical device? :o
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

Stokey has already mentioned he is dyslexic but even if he put his post through a spellchecker it wouldn't have found an error. :-? Feel sorry for any dyslexic people who were in your English class Wholley with a teacher like that. :o
Don't like Bruce Springsteen by the way but then I said the same when I first heard Steve Miller. ;) I must be old before my time but then I listen to pretty much anything! :D
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

:cry: Gosh Wholley you really know how to make a guy feel good about him self *cry’s into pillow*

All my bad school memories come flooding back :P

I'll be off to read my dictionary, I’ll get there... one day :P

Stokey

P.S. My first attempt on the spell checker came out as 'armchair boxing'... really thought I’d nailed it second time round ... o well there’s always next time.