Share This Page:

Hatton V Pacquiao

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
adambatley

Hatton V Pacquiao

Post by adambatley »

Anybody watching this fight on Saturday night? I can't wait, I hope the hitman does the biz but I think it will be a very tall order. My heart says Hatton but my head says Pacquiao.
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Basic Skills Test - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Most certainly will be, I have been enjoying the 24/7 series as well, before watching all the build up I’d have said Pacquiao, but now I really believe Hatton has what it takes and he has defiantly got the right man training him in Floyd mayweather Snr.

I think size and strength will play a large role in the bout, the Pac man has lost 4 times before, twice by body shots, now if anyone can stop you with a body shot then its Hatton. Also Hatton has never been beaten at this weight and if only mentally that has got to count for something.

With out a doubt it will be a brawl, but I’ll be very shocked to see it go the distance either way. Just hope Hatton box's smart as well as using that famous pressure and body punching.

Really hope that Hatton takes the win as he deserves a big win and that pound for pound title.

C'mon Ricky!

Stokey
adambatley

Post by adambatley »

If Hatton gets his movement right on the way in when he's trying to pressure then he has a good chance, however if he steams in a straight line with no shoulder or head movement he will get caught. I really hope he pulls it off.
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

pac man is the bookies favourite, but I want hatton to do a job.
'Every man an Emperor'
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

adambatley wrote:If Hatton gets his movement right on the way in when he's trying to pressure then he has a good chance, however if he steams in a straight line with no shoulder or head movement he will get caught. I really hope he pulls it off.
In my opinion if anyone can get him moving correctly its Floyd, he's a defensive master, I believe it's about striking a balance for Hatton, he needs to keep that aggressiveness whilst being elusive at the same time.

If I was a betting man I’d be happy to put money on Hatton. Pacquiao is no doubt a class act but I don't think he's going to be strong enough to hurt Hatton, I mean it's all well and good bring up the De La Hoya fight but he admitted him self he was past it and he'd screwed up with the weight.

A on form, fit strong Hatton should in my view take this one... either way what a fight!

Stokey
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

Pacquiao by KO/TKO
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Im still not too sure who will win. I reckon it will go either like this;

Hatton - KO/TKO

Pacquiao - Points

Whats Pacquiao's chin like?
adambatley

Post by adambatley »

Granite.
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

partymarty1987 wrote:Im still not too sure who will win. I reckon it will go either like this;

Hatton - KO/TKO

Pacquiao - Points

Whats Pacquiao's chin like?
His chin isn't his worry, for me it is if he can take a body shot...that said he's never had his chin tested by someone of Hattons size and strength (to my knowlage, obviously he may well have done in sparing etc)

Stokey
aspinall

Post by aspinall »

Ive had a cheeky tenner on the hitman :wink:
You'll Never Walk Alone
adambatley

Post by adambatley »

I went to bed early and set my alarm for 3.30am, just got up. Come on Ricky lad!
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
Tab

Post by Tab »

I think that age has caught up with Hatton as he goes down to a second round knock out. I think he should now call it day and retire
adambatley

Post by adambatley »

adambatley wrote:If Hatton gets his movement right on the way in when he's trying to pressure then he has a good chance, however if he steams in a straight line with no shoulder or head movement he will get caught. I really hope he pulls it off.
He went in straight forward, no movement, got banged out, wish i had a bet now but cudnt bring myself to bet against him.
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

I told everyone at work this fight exactly how this fight would go. Hatton had never fought anyone who was so fast, ferocious and who hit as hard as Pac Man.

If i was a betting man i would have made a fortune.

Tab wrote:I think that age has caught up with Hatton as he goes down to a second round knock out. I think he should now call it day and retire
Absolutely nothing at all to do with age catching up with him in that fight. Pacquiao is just in a different league.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:I told everyone at work this fight exactly how this fight would go. Hatton had never fought anyone who was so fast, ferocious and who hit as hard as Pac Man.

If i was a betting man i would have made a fortune.

Tab wrote:I think that age has caught up with Hatton as he goes down to a second round knock out. I think he should now call it day and retire
Absolutely nothing at all to do with age catching up with him in that fight. Pacquiao is just in a different league.
Agreed, I really thought Ricky could have pulled one out of the bag, but the pac man was just worlds above him, roll on mayweather Vs marquez (or how ever you spell it) then talks of a pritty boy Vs pac man fight !

now that I look forward to

stokey