Share This Page:

When you come back from tour, what do you want?

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
English Rose

When you come back from tour, what do you want?

Post by English Rose »

Apart from the obvious :wink:

Hubs is due home soon and I'm actually quite nervous! :o

Do you want a fuss made of you or do you want a beer, a shag. a kebab and an early night?

It's my first tour :oops:
Waiting for my rocket to come.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Shower him with love,
open a bottle of wine,relax and let him do the same.
Allow him to speak,not at you but with you,do your best not to be a stranger.It's tough for both of you.
At the end of the day,maintain a sense of humor.

Best,

Wholley.
got1

Re: When you come back from tour, what do you want?

Post by got1 »

[quote="English Rose"]Apart from the obvious :wink:

Hubs is due home soon and I'm actually quite nervous! :o

Do you want a fuss made of you or do you want a beer, a shag. a kebab and an early night?

It's my first tour :oops:[/quot

Apart from above being in the wrong order, you have got it right :D
He will probably be a bit quiet, just give time
druadan

Post by druadan »

Don't smother him. Remember he'll want to go out and let his hair down with the lads as well as spending time with you. It will be a bit strange, maybe even strained, but give it time, things will return to normal as you get used to having each other around again.

That said, don't be afraid to gently remind him that although it's him that's been away, you've been through a lot with him gone, and he does need to remember there's two of you in the relationship. This is what I struggle most with, almost transitioning from 'single' life to being in a relationship again.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

An old oppo of mine (former RM now RMR) has just returned from Afghanistan, having volunteered for Ops. He cut his tour a tad short by shooting himself in the foot!

I'll ask him what he wanted.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

ND or on purpose?
I know someone who put a 357 round through his own leg.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

When I'd come home I wanted to be left alone at first, just quiet time. Shagging is a normal want, also beer and some conversation, but even when I get in these days from Africa I tend to want just 4 walls and a closed door and quiet along with Moragsn Black Label Rum, hahahaha.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

He is very embarrassed about his ND. Pistol 9mm, poor drills, sore foot.

He has replied saying
"Heay mate, still one footing around and prob will be for anoter few weeks. First three things I wanted an indian, body weight in beer and a 2 hour soak in the bath. How sad am I?"
Sounds about right.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

As it was a 9mm he probably did'nt feel the entry and exit as they are a fast and light round.Browning Hi-Power was it?
I understand that the British Armed Forces have now moved to the Sig.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

I'll ask him.

I remember the Sig Sauer system being introduced to some units in the early 90s.

I was lucky enough to be CQB trained, some years ago, by Jim (an Ulsterman and SAS chap). He was an accomplished combat pistol shot. We were using the Hi-Power at the time, but he had a Sig Sauer P226. He was testing it prior to it being acquired by HM Armed Forces, and was a keen advocate of the weapon.

Later we received the P228 (a slightly smaller version of the P226). This was superseded by the P229 following the identification of a design fault. We also had the P230, which was a similar size to the Walther PPK but used a 9mm (.38 auto) short round.

For the novice and expert alike, an excellent, no nonsense, series of weapons.

Must shoot. There's a baby's head that needs wetting.

Regards
OWK
Med1

Post by Med1 »

Most that require pistols such as RMPs and those Inf that require them are on the SIG P226 and P229A2 now. I know personally of some CMTs who go outside the wire on Herrick who got lumbered with the old knackered Brownings. The Bootnecks now trains all their officers and I think ORs on the SIG P226 and P229A2 as standard.
In Arduis Fidelis
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

We were shooting the sigs the other day, having the weapon de-cocked isn't much of a safety device!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I was CQB trained at Quantico.9mm Beretta at the time which was also standard issue for the US Armed Forces.
Didn'T like it then and I don't like it now.It was dropped by the USA when testing showed barrel cracks due to inferior manufacturing practices.
I still have two Hi-Powers one of which is rare as it has no magazine safety.
Must say for Law Enforcement purposes the Glock 22 is second to none.
I have three Glocks(In storage)M22,M27 and M37 the latter of which chambers a short cartridge .45.
The"Short"9mm was .380 not .38 although it makes little difference as both rounds are a little light and too fast for stopping a miscreant.

Buffalo Bill. :D
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

I just want someone to do my washing for me, some decent food, and to sleep in my own (double) bed without being woken up at 4am by some ridiculously loud American aircraft taking off 100yds from my head.
And I've only been away for 3 weeks!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
HCR

Post by HCR »

We were shooting the sigs the other day, having the weapon de-cocked isn't much of a safety device!
I think you would have to be a right mong to squeez the trigger enough to fire off the Sig after it as been de-cocked. But I wouldnt want it cocked and in the holster. So bloody sensitive. We used them the other year in Iraq. Much better than the Browning. I think the Sig is now standard issue in the Army
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)