Share This Page:

MMA

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
joe9843

MMA

Post by joe9843 »

just wondering ! do any of the british regiments have mixed marshal arts teams ? any1 no ..... thanks lads
BARB - PASSED MEDICAL - PASSED INTERVIEW - PASSED ADSC 16 TH MARCH
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

i asked this mate. They dont do MMA in the army but sandy still does it so it could be a possability.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

There is no army/regimental mma teams and there is no chance in that changing in the forseeable future and there probarly never will be.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
joe9843

Post by joe9843 »

thanks for getting back lads, i think its a bit of a shame there isnt, the sport will be taking over boxing in the next couple of years, plus i think it is a lot more entertaiment !
BARB - PASSED MEDICAL - PASSED INTERVIEW - PASSED ADSC 16 TH MARCH
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

Is there a list anywhere on the net of all the MMA clubs I had a look but couldn't find anything. Also do you need any previos experience, I box but have never done any ground work.
Don't pull face's, it means nothing to me I can't feel a thing. You must drive forward.

'The Paras 1982'
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

joe9843 wrote:thanks for getting back lads, i think its a bit of a shame there isnt, the sport will be taking over boxing in the next couple of years, plus i think it is a lot more entertaiment !
Doubt this very much to be honest... might be my bias opinion being a boxer but even with the growth in popularity within the sport I can't see it taking over boxing, just look at the number of clubs/ events for each sport.

Anyways i don't want to start a MMA Vs Boxing debate as there is no winner just as you can't compare cricket and table tennis they are two separate sports.

I respect anyone who gets in a ring/cage/mat and goes toe to toe with another opponent as it is a true test of nerve.

Stokey
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

Like Sandy said what you do in your free time is up to you. However if you can not perform your duties, it can or could be a problem. Being unfit because of an outside sport or hobby would be looked down on, in fact even considered as a self inflicted wound.

I served in the Regiment boxing team and in the Army Judo team in both internal and inter-service competitions. So if I was ever hurt this was over looked and in fact supported.

Is there a list anywhere on the net of all the MMA clubs I had a look but couldn't find anything. Also do you need any previos experience, I box but have never done any ground work.
Mate I am no expert on K1 but to have no ground work experience in Cage or MMA is going to leave you at a great disadvantage.
Last edited by Fusilier on Sat 28 Feb, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Another MMA post, what's going on?
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Wike

Post by Wike »

Al_2 wrote:Is there a list anywhere on the net of all the MMA clubs I had a look but couldn't find anything. Also do you need any previos experience, I box but have never done any ground work.
I just googled MMA then my city and it came up with a few clubs near me.

Dont worry about not having any previous ground work, just start up on a beginers course and take it from there mate. they usualy wait 2-3 weeks before going into ground work anyhow.
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

Dont worry about not having any previous ground work, just start up on a beginers course and take it from there mate. they usualy wait 2-3 weeks before going into ground work anyhow.

No problem mate and good luck. I was never worried. :wink:

Another MMA post, what's going on?

What did you expect when you clicked on MMA. :lol:
Don't read the posts if you are not interested mate. :wink:

NAAFI A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

I just googled MMA then my city and it came up with a few clubs near me.

Dont worry about not having any previous ground work, just start up on a beginers course and take it from there mate. they usualy wait 2-3 weeks before going into ground work anyhow.[/quote]

Cheers mate, I found them now.
Don't pull face's, it means nothing to me I can't feel a thing. You must drive forward.

'The Paras 1982'