Share This Page:

Movies!!

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
insushin

Movies!!

Post by insushin »

I went to see Valkyrie this afternoon, didnt think much of it watcing the trailers but it was a pretty good movie.
Cant beat the Cinema experience, Big screen, Big sound, Big food :D
Anyone watched any good movies lately?
Cinema or good old TV/DVD

Next I want to watch the film 'The Hurt Locker' sounds interesting.

Anyway Discuss :P
tom163

Post by tom163 »

I was thinking about going to see Valkyrie, I wasn't sure what it was like though. I do want to go and see My Bloody Valentine the 3D thing as that looks quite cool.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

I'm off to see MBV-3d friday, so I'll report back with whether its worth the time, as for Valkyrie, so many people said tom cruise 'Yanked it up' historically accurate down to the bit where he yelled 'long live sacred Germany' no over the top stupidity, nothing that doesn't make you think. 'hmm really?'

Top notch film from my view.

Watched A bridge to far again, Epic love that film down to the grain.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
mr_man_2168

Post by mr_man_2168 »

I watched Enemy At The Gates the other night on TV, never seen it before then. Thought it was pretty good, not full of OTT action sequences or the like. And based (loosely!) on a true story to boot.
AST - PASSED
Interview - 13/01/09 - PASSED
Medical - 20/01/09 - PASSED
PGAC - 13/04/09 - CANCELLED
PGAC - 27/04/09 - FAIL DUE TO INJURY
PGAC Re-Attempt - 14/09/09 - ?
TG Course - ???
tom163

Post by tom163 »

jstagg wrote:I'm off to see MBV-3d friday, so I'll report back with whether its worth the time, as for Valkyrie, so many people said tom cruise 'Yanked it up' historically accurate down to the bit where he yelled 'long live sacred Germany' no over the top stupidity, nothing that doesn't make you think. 'hmm really?'

Top notch film from my view.

Watched A bridge to far again, Epic love that film down to the grain.
Ah good man, let me know how it is!
mr_man_2168 wrote:I watched Enemy At The Gates the other night on TV, never seen it before then. Thought it was pretty good, not full of OTT action sequences or the like. And based (loosely!) on a true story to boot.
Ah I missed it and my mate who saw it said how good it was and tried explaining it to me but not the same lol.
insushin

Post by insushin »

Its worth going to see Valkyrie I recommend it.
I didnt actually know the film was based on a true story prior to seeing it.

I read about Tom Cruise not putting on a German accent for the role but it didnt really affect the film, very good watch, Go See It! a personal note, might be the cinema complex I watched it in but the sound quality of the film is awesome! really good sound effects made me jump a couple times.
just_me

Post by just_me »

insushin wrote:Its worth going to see Valkyrie I recommend it.

I read about Tom Cruise not putting on a German accent for the role but it didnt really affect the film, very good watch, Go See It! a personal note, might be the cinema complex I watched it in but the sound quality of the film is awesome! really good sound effects made me jump a couple times.
This is why I am not going to see it, just sloppy acting. Saw the trailer with Tom Cruise pretending to be German with an American accent. Hmm, I wonder who the traitor is?
insushin

Post by insushin »

just_me wrote:

This is why I am not going to see it, just sloppy acting. Saw the trailer with Tom Cruise pretending to be German with an American accent. Hmm, I wonder who the traitor is?
Just go watch it!! :P I didnt think much of the trailers but I actually quite enjoyed the movie, there is no sloppy acting at all, minus an authentic accent the film is a good watch, I think you will enjoy it.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Fine I will give it a go :roll: :D
insushin

Post by insushin »

just_me wrote:Fine I will give it a go :roll: :D
good :D !!

I enjoyed the trailers I saw today 'Watchmen' and 'X-men origins Wolverine' look awesome! :D I'm a big film fan and upcoming films are looking good, I think last year was a bad year for films, mostly crap. :multi:
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

When that little hut blew up? shit me right up that part lol pop corn and coke every where.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Any one who likes films packed with CGI there's a new Transformers coming out, yet another X-Mongs, Another Clover field.

Any one seen the first colver field? supposedly 60% of the people who watch it feel sick because of the shaky camera, to be honest i thought it was great something completely different to the usual old tripe they keep bringing out.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
insushin

Post by insushin »

I havent seen cloverfield yet, didnt appeal to me, though I might get around to it sometime, I will definitely watch the transformers sequel.

jstagg that part and right at the very start had chocolate raisins everywhere :o Good film :)

Like I said I'm interested in watching the film 'The Hurt Locker' wont hit the screens until spring this year and thats only in America, its about a bomb squad in Iraq, though the film was shot on location in Amman Jordan, said to be very realistic its only been screened in Italy at the Venice film festival so far.