Share This Page:

Why I love British Weather

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
tom163

Why I love British Weather

Post by tom163 »

Was out on a nice long run today, I had just finished and it started to rain a nice shower which cooled me down :) it was nice and refreshing until the hail came :lol:
maunder123

Post by maunder123 »

I love it when it rains actually, i always prefer running in the rain, Keeps me cooler and its very refreshing :P
B.a.r.b - passed - 68
Medical - in process
Basic Skills - 28th january
regiment choice - reme
trade - vehicle mechanic
-------------------------------------------
adamb

Post by adamb »

Rain is great, love it when its really dark hammering it down with rain. No people about, cools you down and creates puddles to drink from.
maunder123

Post by maunder123 »

I dno about the puddles :P especially in my parts :P But i certainly enjoy running in it.. also i find carrying a bottle is good for drinking :P i always take 2 bottles with 2 drinks,

1 for lucozade or another isotonic, and 1 with water :] isotonic whilst exercise is a good way to puke :P that's why i always wash it down. gives the boost withing the puke :S tried 2 make that rhyme :P
B.a.r.b - passed - 68
Medical - in process
regiment choice - reme
trade - vehicle mechanic
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

maunder123 wrote:I dno about the puddles :P especially in my parts :P But i certainly enjoy running in it.. also i find carrying a bottle is good for drinking :P i always take 2 bottles with 2 drinks,

1 for lucozade or another isotonic, and 1 with water :] isotonic whilst exercise is a good way to puke :P that's why i always wash it down. gives the boost withing the puke :S tried 2 make that rhyme :P
Sounds like you've got enough supplies to live for a few months there... all that on a run! :P

Can't be doing with drinking whilst exercising the only time I do it is at boxing as the session is two hours (sometimes closer too three if I stay and do pad work etc) and I sweat so much I'd die if I didn't but for running I just find it cumbersome and am usually breathing too heavily to get the stuff down me with out stopping.

More power to you if you can though mate :wink:

Maybe a distress flare and emergency rations would be worth looking into
:P

Don't mind the rain though to be honest... only time it does bother me is if I where loose boxer shorts with out splashing talk (spelling?) powder down stairs and then get socked wet though.

Chaffing then becomes the bane of my life (but I think I've got to graphic as it is so I'll hush up now)

All the best

Stokey
fodd

Post by fodd »

maunder123 wrote:I dno about the puddles :P especially in my parts :P But i certainly enjoy running in it.. also i find carrying a bottle is good for drinking :P i always take 2 bottles with 2 drinks,

:o :o :o :o LOL
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
maunder123

Post by maunder123 »

:P well, hmm maybe not enough to last that long lolz
B.a.r.b - passed - 68
Medical - in process
regiment choice - reme
trade - vehicle mechanic
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Running in the rain is greate, and the freezing cold.. any one els find they perform better?
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.