Share This Page:

Top Gear

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
jabcrosshook

Top Gear

Post by jabcrosshook »

Anyone see the Royal Marines new beach assault vehicle on top gear last night? :lol: A ford fiesta.
Check BBC iPlayer, for some reason the link won't work. :-?

It was quite a good episode.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Oh that rocked, the guy complaining about not testing original house hold cars in an usual test scenario i.e breaks ect.

Jeremy being jeremy, decided to take the new Ford fiesta on a blits around a shopping mall chased by a cobra, mental!! then does a beach assault with the commandos, awesome!! sorry if i ruined i for any one it was a fit of laughter period.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

I just happen to own one of those, done a grand total of 460 miles so far. It's awesome.
Haven't driven it on any beaches yet though...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
adamb

Post by adamb »

I see it, cracks me up that programme. I see one on Dave not long ago (was repeat so im guessing its an older episode) and he was driving 2 cars through a place were were do FISH(Fighting in someone else's house) if thats right with I think it was 5 or 6 Irish guards shooting at him. Obviously they wasn't real bullets it was laser targeted but it was good. On another note I liked the look of that Ford Fiesta but would prefer a mini 1, all I have to do now is pass my driving test lol.

If anybody knows, do they teach you to drive during ITC or even after? Iv'e had around 23 lessons already and passed my theory but can't get any money to take my test so I have had to put it on hold. Would just like to get the heads up because theory only lasts 2 years and I don't want to do it again as I was very pleased because i got 49/50 :P.

Not hi-jacking your thread just a quick question, if its any trouble but someone has a reply just drop me a PM if that's OK :D
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Hyperlithe wrote:I just happen to own one of those, done a grand total of 460 miles so far. It's awesome.
Haven't driven it on any beaches yet though...

Defiantly, my girl friends dad has one with all the trimmings, it sounds lovely, i like my GOLF Gti MK 2 thou. (NOT CHAVED UP)
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Hey adamB i asked my recruiter and he said it can be from any time after 28 days, to pre deployment training, obviously if you join a core that needs drivers you'll be taught quicker than the usual infantry guys like you and me i think..

Any one know different please say.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

JStagg, I sold my M reg Golf GTi when I bought my new Fiesta (1.4 TDCi) - the only thing I miss is the trip computer. I get twice the mpg out of the Fiesta, and it takes half the time to defrost in the morning!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Artist

Post by Artist »

I was once blamed by the West German Army for sinking a German Leopard tank in the Baltic. It was onboard F4 an LCM/LCU off the Fearless. I was sigs on board it at the time.

As I was not needed due to us not having comms with anyone. We were detached from the Mother Ship you see so our Coxswain gave me the important job of doing a beach recce.........With a 12 foot long barge pole whilst lying on the partly lowered landing ramp.

I prodded here, I prodded there in fact I prodded everywhere! I turned around and informed the Coxswain that the beach was Ok. The ramp was lowered and off drove the tank, 30 feet later it sort of went Gloop! and vanished beneath the waves, Shoaling Beach! By heck the Germans were not best pleased! :D

Christ Knows what a 126 for a fully armed, fully crewed German Army Leopard Tank is but I was worried for a couple of days, that I can tell you.

Artist
adamb

Post by adamb »

Thanks JSTAGG and Sandy, seems a shame they dont teach you as its always a bonus incase your in a situation wich requires you to drive. Would it be worth trying to get the money and passing before going to ITC? Or just a waste of time.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Personally Adam, i would wait who knows what can pop up at any time ey? not like you'll be doing allot of driving doing you're time at ICT.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

For those that missed it. Go on Royal. 8)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xq4bzVguiIA
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Great review of a car. Im surprised it actually made it out of the water.

Great recruitment for royal. My only observation is:

"shall i put the heating on is anyone cold?

"YEAH!"

Since when does anyone admit they are cold, especially on national television! :lol:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
adamb

Post by adamb »

I went to the cinema tonight and they are advertising the royal marines there now, was some random 1 minute movies from virgin media then next minute elite royal marines ambushing a terrorist lol. Was a pretty decent advert too.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

AdamB wrote:I went to the cinema tonight and they are advertising the royal marines there now, was some random 1 minute movies from virgin media then next minute elite royal marines ambushing a terrorist lol. Was a pretty decent advert too.
The Royal Marines Recruitment team seem to really know what they are doing when it comes to adverts, the ones on TV that have you trying to spot Royal Marines in a still is well thought out... only down side is the hours of questioning, 'maybe i aren't Commando material, how did i not know there was a man hidden behind that wall!' when you get one wrong :cry: :lol:

Stokey

P.s. I felt brilliant when I get the football one right spotting the corps colors in a stripe on the Marines team strips :D