Share This Page:

Inside The Green Berets

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
AJtothemax

Inside The Green Berets

Post by AJtothemax »

Last edited by AJtothemax on Thu 01 May, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
del_boi

Post by del_boi »

Watched up to part 4 its realy good stuff. Like you said hard as nails.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

I said that due to the fact that they are SF. But they're operating for months on end in a relatively small group (note, they never said how many there actually was for obvious reasons) in a completely remote area (SF tradition all over). This is clocked by the stat's at the end which the narrator read out about how many combat operations they went on etc.

The same is true of our armed forces as well.
Tough stuff, hat's off to em all. Both sides of the Atlantic.
Someone's got to do it.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
just_me

Post by just_me »

Brilliant. Respect to all of them.
lil_dinger_bell

Post by lil_dinger_bell »

Yup; Good little documentry.

A shame that the Afgan truck turned its lights on to reveal thier location.

Respect
RT Test - May 1st - ?
Medical Examination - May 1st - ?
P.O.C - May 5th - ?
A.I.B - May 10th - ?
agapito

Post by agapito »

Saw it, loved it..can't believe the ied though, that what I'm scared of when I'm off on tour.
lil_dinger_bell

Most Definitely!! There is technology out there to jam, intercept, and blow up IEDs but the problem lays in those peskie terrorists hitting the button from close by.

The Snipers in the moutains are what I am concerned with...and IEDs...

Different kind of war in the middle east right now.

I did like the handing out of crank radios with only pro government capability....nice move....very WW2
RT Test - May 1st - ?
P.O.C - May 5th - ?
A.I.B - May 10th - ?
just_me

Post by just_me »

It's coward warfare (the Taliban, not the Green Berets)
del_boi

Post by del_boi »

It's all counter terrorism and hearts and minds at the moment isn't it? Who is smarter than who? Like you said, cowards. Then again what would you do if you were up against some of the best soldiers in the world. RUN like fluck!
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

The Taliban aren't cowards and they certainly don't run away at the drop of a hat, they stand and fight despite the huge casualties they take. That's why we're still fighting them after all this time.

They may be scum but you can't call them cowards.
lil_dinger_bell

Yes with their limited numbers against the different countries of various size and training it seems, in an objective point of view, that their style of warfare is smart.

Although they do, from time to time, stick around to wage battle, their guerilla tactics unfortunately seem to do them well.

If war is to outwit and outmanouver your enemy they're doing a great job. By day they are regular people that many soldiers walk by in the streets, and by night they grab their kit and do their thing.

It's such a hard dynamic for us to fight against. If there was just a way to weed out the baddies while bringing peace and prosperity to the lands it would be a lot 'easier.'

Too bad there's no terrorist detectors...some binos which mark the baddies with red....oh those would be the days.

Spelling mistakes corrected by T_T

Please take more care in future.
RT Test - May 1st - ?
P.O.C - May 5th - ?
A.I.B - May 10th - ?
just_me

Post by just_me »

Alfa wrote:The Taliban aren't cowards and they certainly don't run away at the drop of a hat, they stand and fight despite the huge casualties they take. That's why we're still fighting them after all this time.

They may be scum but you can't call them cowards.
Sorry, you misunderstood me. I wasn't calling them in themselves cowards, I was only calling the technique of the IEDs cowardly.
Assumed you all knew what I meant. :oops:
lil_dinger_bell

Sorry T_T Mod for the spelling mistakes, it was a bit late. I know no excuse but there it is anyway.

Cheers for the correction,...trying to keep you on your toes.
RT Test - May 1st - ?
P.O.C - May 5th - ?
A.I.B - May 10th - ?
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

just_me wrote:Sorry, you misunderstood me. I wasn't calling them in themselves cowards, I was only calling the technique of the IEDs cowardly.
Assumed you all knew what I meant. :oops:
I do agree with you in part but then again the US use Predators armed with Hellfire missles to destroy Taliban vehicles/commanders without them ever seeing it coming so in a way it's not much different, both come out of the blue and both are designed to spread fear into the enemy.

IED's are just another method of warfare just like mines, ambushes, snipers etc... you can't expect the enemy to not try and kill you.

It is a crap way to go though, as daft as that sounds since if you're dead you're dead.
GOVINDA

Post by GOVINDA »

Are the taliban on drugs when thier on the attack like you see in Iraq ?