Share This Page:

SIT REP

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Stinky

SIT REP

Post by Stinky »

I am currently and have been for the last 3 hours, been stuck in the guard room listening only to what sounds like the cells completely flooded or something, it just does not stop dripping in there. Although I can't actully see in there. I am writing this post out of boredom.
I have been dicked this CMT course, for better or worse I am yet to find out. But what I do know is that I was told I was on it about 4 days before christmas, so I don't know and haven't really got a chance to find out about it. I think the course is 6 months long, and my batt. are looking at deploying to afgan sooner then that (I don't wan't to be to specific) so I don't know if I am going or what. I think the idea was I went on this to help in afgan but I can't help much if I am still training with recruits! Maybe I might recieve a shorter version or something (begging I don't have to do the passout at the end). You know when you are tired you just stare at the screen daydreaming (or should I say nightdreaming), I am currently doing that...
I think this whole CMT course will be worth while if I get a pistol at the end though :lol:. On a more serious note though, I am not recieving enough heat from the portable radiator at my feet. I fear to much is escaping out the back of the desk I am sitting at.......bored.
This post has taken me 45 minutes to write so far, but I am not done yet, my stag finishes in 22.10 minutes time... I personaly have only been at Batt. for 7 months, but the RGJ have been here for a while now and keep getting told we will be put into single living accom. There are brand new blocks being built however as soon as they are built another regiment will have them and we will be given the old style single living accom. that I think the signals are currently using. Just shows how you get treated better if you have a trade I guess.
I keep trying to find out more about the Combat Medic Technician course but there isn't that much info. I find if you search a forum for something the only thing you get once somebody has asked the question is 'Use the search bar'. So you keep going through the pages getting more and more out of date with people keep on saying 'Use the search bar' and by the time you have actully found some info your looking back at the posts which were posted when wheels were square. If anybody has any info about the course please give a should because I'm lost. 10 minutes untill I get off guard so I will leave it at that. I hope you have enjoyed this utterly pointless post, it kept me entertained a little. And it's in the NAFFI so I can get away with it 8).
flighty

Post by flighty »

Stinks, it's entertained me! :lol:

Happy New Year, bud. xxxx
Hands on

Post by Hands on »

You paint such a good picture :D have you tried asking on www.arrse.co.uk In the RAMC section they might be able to help with what you want to know.
I am a stab CMT and have spent a fare bit of time In Keogh :-? but would not like to comment on the course you are doing.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Why cant you comment on the course hands on? Is Keogh nice?
Hands on

Post by Hands on »

Your course would be different to the one's I have done as I am RAMC stab, Keogh Is not to bad, not much night life unless you want to make the trip Into Aldershot and there's Potters just down the road.
The thing with Keogh Is It's a phase 2 training camp, I had already done phase 2 years earlier as I started out In the RLC so going back to that at the age of 30 was a little strange. I don't know how old you are but as you can imagine being phase 2 you get a lot of young fresh face RAF, Navy and Army running about the place, very nice with regards to some of the young females, mixing with these Is a big no no.
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Many thanks for the intro Stinky.
Keep at it mate and carry on informing us whenever you fall out. :)
Happy New Year oppo.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Stinky,
You description of life in a guardroom took me back twenty years in an instant!

Regarding the CMT course, I have no idea what is involved but it sounds like the sort of course we would have jumped at in my day.

I found these; might be of some use to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Medical_Technician

http://www2.army.mod.uk/medical/royal_a ... /index.htm

Or Google "combat medial technician". Don't forget the quotation marks.
Shoulderholster

Post by Shoulderholster »

Stinky
You missed out the bit about egg banjos and shit coffee and that bizzare smell that only guard rooms have.
The CMT course sounds worthwhile to me,and could also set you up for a few good jobs later on (ask Doc)plus the fact all the lads will get you a beer in if you promise to use plenty of lube on your glove when its their turn!.

SH
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Good to hear your having fun mate :-? :lol:.
Hands on

Post by Hands on »

They are If you are a phase 2 as well, I was told by one Instructor If the need Is that bad and you have fallen head over heals In love just don't do It on base, don't tell anyone and don't get caught.
Artist

Post by Artist »

Stinky

Once your the boss in charge of the guardroom you will have first dips on the heat source! :D

Promotion..........Go for it mate!

Artist