Share This Page:

The festive season is upon us.

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Paratrooper01 wrote:I have just had 11 weeks off after coming back from Herrick VIII, and im on xmas leave now for another 4 weeks....hard life eh! :lol:

Happy holidays everyone. :drinking:
And you deserve every minute mate
Marina

Post by Marina »

Anyone help please !!

I wanted to buy some Christmas lights for the front garden
I saw these lovely royal blue christmas lights in the garden path of someone's house. Does anyone know which shop I can get these type blue of lights for the garden. I hope you get my drift

Many thanks
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Here's one I like. Not Victorian, but nice nonetheless. I think it's Winchester cathedral.

It makes a very festive desktop background!
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Marina wrote:Anyone help please !!

I wanted to buy some Christmas lights for the front garden
I saw these lovely royal blue christmas lights in the garden path of someone's house. Does anyone know which shop I can get these type blue of lights for the garden. I hope you get my drift

Many thanks
Marina

B&Q have some blue lights - but I'd ring first to check that they're outdoor lights. Or are there any garden centres near you? We've just bought some tree lights today at our local centre and they had stacks on display.
Shoulderholster

Post by Shoulderholster »

Marina
'ave a butchers in Tesco,they have some very nice saphire blue lights.But hey I'm a bloke, they might be colbalt blue!.

SH
Marina

Post by Marina »

Sisyphus and Shoulderholster

Many thanks guys I love you very much !! :D

I have been looking in loads of places but couldn't find them. I just love this unusual colour. I do have a garden centre near me, will try today.
Marina

Post by Marina »

I got my vibrant blue Christmas lights all round my porch today.
I am so chuffed with them ! I wish I could have them all over the house all year round.

Thank you so much guys

P.S
If you do browse during the shopping time, if you see any purple christmas lights, give me a shout. I have a penchant for the colour purple/mauve.
Artist

Post by Artist »

Marina wrote:I got my vibrant blue Christmas lights all round my porch today.
I am so chuffed with them ! I wish I could have them all over the house all year round.

Thank you so much guys

P.S
If you do browse during the shopping time, if you see any purple christmas lights, give me a shout. I have a penchant for the colour purple/mauve.
Buy normal white lights and paint them with blue paint. Might smell a bit when they heat up but the thoughts there int it then but?

By heck what do you want Marina! Perfection?

Artist
BritinAfrica

Post by BritinAfrica »

Christmas comes but once a ferkin,
When it comes, I'm ferkin werkin.
Marina

Post by Marina »

Artist,

I am trying to have a rainbow Christmas if you get my drift, so I need all 7 colours !! :D

BTW, One question to those who were on duty on Christmas day, what were you actually doing ?. Any good anecdotes to tell ? For example like having lunch in the jungle in Belize.

You know I am a curious cat !!
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Marina,
You reminded me of my favourite Xmas dit.

B Coy Group, 40 Cdo RM, Holdfast Camp, Belize, Christmas Day 1985. Co-located were 79 Bty 29 Cdo RA, some tank driver chaps (CVRT), engineers and associated attached ranks.

The Chefs had been up since 0400hrs to make sure the lads had the best Xmas dinner possible whilst away from.

1225hrs the setting up for the biggest gig of the year, the duty officer says "Cpl Rogue Chef, what if the lads have a food fight?". "No problem Sir," and I brandished the largest meat cleaver available, "This should discourage them". The officer looked impressed.

1230hrs the hotplate opened.

1231hrs a chap sat near to the hotplate shouted "food fight!" grabbed a handful of spuds and prepared to launch.

Infuriated, I grabbed the cleaver planted it squarely in the middle of his plate sending food and crockery all over him "Don't throw food in my galley!"

The chap stood up and glowered, "That" said the biggest gunner I have ever seen "was my dinner!"

Deep breath, swallow, "You're lucky it wasn't your frickin' head!"

Silence, followed by the whole galley erupting in laughter.

Situation resolved. The gunner laughed it off and I invited him to get a fresh dinner.

"Well done Corporal RC" said the duty officer.
"Merry Xmas Sir".

NB - The lads still had their traditional food fight, but they waited until the pudding course!
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Fri 19 Dec, 2008 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marina

Post by Marina »

Roguee,

It must have been fun. You guys must have been slding over the floor after pudding !

P.S
I love my blue lights 8)
got1

Post by got1 »

[quote="Marina"]I got my vibrant blue Christmas lights all round my porch today.

Thank you so much guys

P.S
If you do browse during the shopping time, if you see any purple christmas lights, give me a shout. I have a penchant for the colour purple/mauve.[/quote]

Does that mean i've got to do a river crossing again tonight and put back the ones i stole for you? :D
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

anglo-saxon wrote: It makes a very festive desktop background!
Indeed it does, thank you for the tip. It now adorns both my screens. Great resolution as well. I'd like to search on the artist, now it looks
like it says Alan Seattle, but that can't be right can it? Seattle?

Could it be Stattle? Looks like it could be a T instead of an E.