Share This Page:

What little things annoy you?

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Tab

Post by Tab »

What annoys me is when you go out drinking and get talking about good whisky there is always some one there that will join you in drinking a fine Malt Whisky and ask for double, then the idiot will drown in it either water or some form of mixer then tell you how good the taste is. Now how the hell can he tell you what it tastes like when the idiot has ruined a bloody good drink.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Tab,
I wholeheartedly agree. I hate it when I'm enjoying a vintage glass of water or soft drink and some pleb puts a single malt whiskey in it!
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Tab wrote:What annoys me is when you go out drinking and get talking about good whisky

That will be a large Laphroaig, please, Landlord! :x-mas:
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Moles.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Actually, moles annoy me too.
My garden was never going to win any prizes, but at least my lawn didn't used to have any great mounds of earth all over!
Apparently if you take the noisy bit out of a musical greetings card and stick it down the hole they hate it. (Can see why, must be like having the moonpig ad on constant replay...)
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

beaulock

Post by beaulock »

carrying the rifle by its iron sights....
www.theforcesinn.com
got1

Post by got1 »

[quote="Sisyphus"][quote="Tab"]What annoys me is when you go out drinking and get talking about good whisky [/quote]

That will be a large Laphroaig, please, Landlord! :x-mas:[/quote]

I have some 17yr old Laphroaig, and yer no getting any. :lol:
ps some whisky's require water to bring out the flavour.

I got a 27yr old Macallan for my birthday, as it was being passed around my mates wife asked for the Iron Bru :o she was told if the Iron Bru was 27yr old she could have it. :D
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

got1 wrote:I have some 17yr old Laphroaig, and yer no getting any. :lol:
ps some whisky's require water to bring out the flavour.
And to think I was once in love with you! But not any more! :(

My best man, a certain Alec McLeod, introduced me to the mysteries of water with whisky! :D
got1 wrote:I got a 27yr old Macallan for my birthday

I suppose your Good Lady's reaction would have differed depending on whether it was a 27yr old male or female. :wink:
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

My old man's an avid whisky 'noser' and some malts do need a splash of water, (particularly if it is pure, soft spring water from the same spring used in the making of the particular whisky) as it serves to enhance the distinctive aroma and flavour of a whisky. Tap water contains chlorine etc and should not be used.

My mum found a recipe for 'Make your Own Baileys'. When my dad came home from exercise he found a pile of empty malt whisky miniatures in the I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!! that he'd been collecting for years......... "Well you didn't seem to be drinking that stuff dear...."

He was NOT happy! :lol: :lol: