Share This Page:

Red Mist

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Sisyphus

Red Mist

Post by Sisyphus »

I'm just struggling to defeat the red mist. :evil: Some kids have decided to bombard our house with stones on the way to and from school. I've been trying to ID the toerags but realized that at my age I can only just about run a tap - and certainly not after youngsters. So far there's been no window breakage but it can only be a matter of time - and our 18 month old grandaughter plays in the garden when it's sunny and a rock on the head is not what we've got in mind for her. Anyway, we've decided to keep her indoors.

So I collared the two I suspected were the culprits and photographed them telling them if the trouble stopped that would be the end of it, otherwise I'd give the photo to the police.

I met up with two of their parents who thought I might have been a paedo. Fair enough - but I explained I was p****ed off, not a paedo and told them the background. The s**t thing is although I think it is these two I can't be 100% sure.

I've contacted the local police and explained the situation. Trouble is:
a) in the scheme of things these days it's hardly worth a mention [R.I.P. Gary Newlove :cry: ] but my wife's on heart medication and I'm wound up as tight as a.... whatever....
b) chances of physically catching the slimeballs are zero with me on watch. I've really enjoyed growing old - until now! :x

So I'm just hoping it's "lads' stuff" and they get bored and move onto something else - before I end up with broken windows or a cracked skull from a falling brick. I was no angel at their age either but I never did anything that would damage someone's property.

My final tactic is either to climb the tree by where they throw from and abseil down to nab them :roll: or to buy a ghillie suit and set up an O.P. with a decent zoom lens camera and catch them on film 'in the act' :-?

Apologies for the rant but I'm still hovering near ceiling height. :(

All the Mrs and I want is a quiet life without annoying little twerps screwing things up.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

paintball gun so you can identify the little pricks later on in the day :lol: :lol:
tom163

Post by tom163 »

They will be annoying some other people soon enough, it just sounds like to me they are just trying to wind you up and they get a laugh off you comming out shouting etc. I can't really offer you any more advice than that but they will stop after a bit.

Tom
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

My advice would be to get a rather large dog (maybe you know a friend who has one if you don't have one yourself?) and leave it in the front garden as soon as they come near your property fido should do the old barking thingy and scare the bejeezus out of them.

Best thing about dogs is if the mutt actually grips one of them the most you'll get is a small fine (it's very rare people go to prison over a dog attack) where as if you deck one of them you'll be up in court for assault.

Of course there is the slightly more aggressive option of finding out where they live and giving them a taste of their own medicine, their parents would soon get a grip of them once you put their windows in with a baseball bat! :lol:
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Years ago, when I lived in Calgary, I was sitting on my back step watching our (then) 3-year-old playing. Suddenly, there was a whooshing sound and a roofing tyle came scything through the air and buried itself a couple of inchs in the lawn. For a second or two, I thought it had fallen off the roof, but then came another landed about two feet from my kid, again with a corner sunk into the grass. I quickly scooped up the nipper and put him indoors. Then I waited. Soon enough, again came the sound a few seconds later and this time I saw the direction it had come from. I walked quietly down the back alley and finally heard a couple of scrotes giggling in their own back yard as the heaved roofing tiles all over the neighbourhood. You can imagine their surprise when all of a sudden a large tatooed skinhead was approaching them across their back garden. They just about fouled their britches! I dusted off my old senior NCO head and thoroughly reamed them both a new a$$hole! They were absolutely vibrating when I was done and the blood had left both of their pointy wee heads. In retrospect, it was a daft thing to do, going into their property like that, but I'm quite sure the local plod would have understood. We never had any probs after that. I've always prefererd the direct appraoch. The Mrs used to get embarrassed or worry that I'd get knifed or shot one day. I'm older and more mellow these days, but still not beyond turning about and giving a very curt, "BUTTON IT" to two cretins yapping through the main feature.

Sis', you're entitled to your peace, mate and you should not have to walk on egg shels in your own home. In my neck of the woods I would welcome an ask for help from any and all older folk in such situations. I have no qualms whatsoever in squishing mindless little wan**rs for a good cause. Is there no one you could ask to give you a hand? I bet if a local ex-squaddie knew what was going on, he'd help you out.
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Alfa

We did have a large dobermann once [well, we've still got her but she's in a box in the sideboard nowadays!] She was loopy. I guess we should have had her put down or given her to the police. She was a lovely dog but had a real vicious streak in her which needed controlling [contradiction in terms? :-? ] She'd have definitely put the frighteners on them.

Anglo

A man after my own heart! Just what I was hoping to do - but the ones I chased were way too quick for me! :roll:

Unfortunately, all my 'helpers' are working during the times of the problem.
:(

Anyway, no probs so far today, so fingers crossed. Maybe the two 'innocents' I copped weren't so innocent after all - or maybe the word's got around. Time will tell.

Cheers for the feedback guys. Blood pressure reduced by 20 points! 8)
Tab

Post by Tab »

These days the Police always seem to support the wrong doer, and there have a number of cases where to property owner has been sued or prosecuted for protecting their own property. The best thing is to recorded and where possible photograph those responsible then worry the the Police. your MP and local councilor. If you get no response threaten to hold back your section of the police rates as they are not doing their duty.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Sorry about that Bill, sounds like "farked if you do, farked even more if you don`t"
Good luck with it mate :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
mtglass

Re: Red Mist

Post by mtglass »

Sisyphus wrote:I'm just struggling to defeat the red mist. :evil: Some kids have decided to bombard our house with stones on the way to and from school. I've been trying to ID the toerags but realized that at my age I can only just about run a tap - and certainly not after youngsters. So far there's been no window breakage but it can only be a matter of time - and our 18 month old grandaughter plays in the garden when it's sunny and a rock on the head is not what we've got in mind for her. Anyway, we've decided to keep her indoors.

So I collared the two I suspected were the culprits and photographed them telling them if the trouble stopped that would be the end of it, otherwise I'd give the photo to the police.

I met up with two of their parents who thought I might have been a paedo. Fair enough - but I explained I was p****ed off, not a paedo and told them the background. The s**t thing is although I think it is these two I can't be 100% sure.

I've contacted the local police and explained the situation. Trouble is:
a) in the scheme of things these days it's hardly worth a mention [R.I.P. Gary Newlove :cry: ] but my wife's on heart medication and I'm wound up as tight as a.... whatever....
b) chances of physically catching the slimeballs are zero with me on watch. I've really enjoyed growing old - until now! :x

So I'm just hoping it's "lads' stuff" and they get bored and move onto something else - before I end up with broken windows or a cracked skull from a falling brick. I was no angel at their age either but I never did anything that would damage someone's property.

My final tactic is either to climb the tree by where they throw from and abseil down to nab them :roll: or to buy a ghillie suit and set up an O.P. with a decent zoom lens camera and catch them on film 'in the act' :-?

Apologies for the rant but I'm still hovering near ceiling height. :(

All the Mrs and I want is a quiet life without annoying little twerps screwing things up.
mtglass

Post by mtglass »

i am sorry to hear of your trouble but dont try to do anything on your own the police should be doing more to get these yobs of the i wonder how they would like things thrown at there house whats happened to the world no respect any more why did people die in the war for ******** like that with regards m t glass
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Tab wrote:The best thing is to recorded and where possible photograph those responsible then worry the the Police.
Police have advised not to photograph kids. [paranoia about paedophiles, I guess] Anyway, I told them that I understood the law on photography is that in open public places kids have the same rights to privacy from photographers as adults - which is none.

They're obviously right when it comes to people taking sneak photographs of kids in swimming pools, etc. but they know what my objective is, why I'd be doing it and where I live so I'll just see how it pans out.

The one thing I definitely don't want to do is cause worry to parents whose kids aren't involved.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

I can assure you that my kids aren`t involved and I`m not worried :roll:

Take all the phots you want Rocky, poke the pc attitude from old bill.
What they decide to do with your phots would be another thing altogether, though.
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
aspinall

Post by aspinall »

Best thing to do is ignore them in my opinion, they will soon get bored once the 'buzz' has gone away, they know it winds you up so they will just keep pushing you until you snap then next thing you know your being told not to drop the soap in the shower at HMP. :wink:
You'll Never Walk Alone
Tab

Post by Tab »

If the Police don't like photographs set a video camera and plug it into your VCR and put a 4 hour tape in on long play and just let it record away for 8 hours, now filming from your property can't be wrong as the council and police have CCTV cameras all over the place so if you are breaking the law then so are they
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Tab wrote:If the Police don't like photographs set a video camera and plug it into your VCR and put a 4 hour tape in on long play and just let it record away for 8 hours, now filming from your property can't be wrong as the council and police have CCTV cameras all over the place so if you are breaking the law then so are they
I like the idea. Your designation isn't '997' [Licensed to Film] is it Tab? :wink:

I'll give it a go if it continues.

Things have gone quiet so it's 'watch and don't shoot' for the moment.