Share This Page:

The things people say

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Rogue Chef

The things people say

Post by Rogue Chef »

In 2003, Home Office minister Hazel Blears admitted experimenting once with cannabis. A week after it emerged the incoming head of the Crown Prosecution Service was once convicted of possessing the drug, the junior minister said she tried cannabis about 25 years ago. "I literally had cannabis once from somebody that I knew and I literally never did it again because basically it didn't work. It had no effect on me," she said.
Does she think we are stupid? The way she words her statement and the overuse of the word 'literally', indicates that she is lying. Like a teenager caught doing something naughty. Even if (BIG IF) she is telling the truth, the statement is damning, because she says she didn't try it again because it didn't work! So not on any moral grounds then? It must be assumed that if it had worked she would have used it again. Furthermore I think she should be tested under laboratory conditions to discover why cannabis doesn't work on her, she could be a miracle of modern science. The dozy, lying bitch!

The things people say!
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Mon 23 Jul, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

And another one.
Earlier this year, Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt said: "I tried cannabis once when I was a student. It didn't do anything for me and I never tried it again. I've not used any other illegal drug."
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

I couldnt really give a toss if she did try it, we were all (still am :)) young and make decision we probably shouldnt have.

But the fact that it seems she is lying I do give a toss about, at least tell the truth ya silly bint.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

I acquired these quotes from MSN News. Twenty MPs admitting to having tried cannabis. It is the way these two word their confessions that I find strange. Most of the others admit to it and say nothing more or say they did/didn't like it. No problem.

http://news.uk.msn.com/cannabis_confessions.aspx
Shoulderholster

Post by Shoulderholster »

"I did not have sexual relations with that goat,whoops!,sorry woman".
Likewise I don't care if they tried it (pot that is not goat sex),but just tell the truth,they were not publicly elected officials then.

SH
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Shoulderholster wrote:but just tell the truth,they were not publicly elected officials then.
Slick Willy was when he repeatedly lied to Congress.

Just my two cents.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

The McCanns' spokeswoman, Justine McGuinness, said:
"But it is impossible to say whether, had there been an adult in the apartment at the time of the abduction, it would have stopped a predator."

WTF!
flighty

Post by flighty »

I smoked cannabis when I was a student. Many times. Only for a laugh and because it was cheaper than buying ale. Although I have always prefered a bevvy to a spliff.

I have no problem whatsoever with people of my generation admitting to having done so.

There needs top be some sort of thought given to what was smoked then and what is smoked now.

There is no comparison. Stuff these days is far more powerful and psychotic than I ever knew.

So, if senior poiliticians have 'fessed up to smoking the odd spliff years ago ..... I could not give a flying fark.

If they were still doing it then that would be different.

Jayne
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

With regard to my opening post:

Drugs, lies and our wine-sipping elite

And yet they weren't being as open as might seem. The main figures fell back on the age-old line of having tried it once and never again.

I've never met anyone who tried cannabis as a student in the Eighties and failed to inhale. Nor do I know people who had "just one" spliff. You might not have taken to it, but that decision wasn't made in the prudish manner of these announcements.

Full article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... _id=470078
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

How many on here, hand on heart, can truthfully state they haven`t smoked a Bootneck 8)

You go first Doc :roll:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
flighty

Post by flighty »

So, the Daily Mail continues to speak the truth. My arse!

This rag appeals to bigots and idiots who can see no further than the end of their noses.

It serves a purpose by scaring its readers into submission.

Once upon a time I thought it might have shaken off the old Oswald Moselely crap. Clearly not.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Some of these are quite amusing and relevant.
Only a fool knows everything. A wise man knows how little he knows.
Silence is foolish if we are wise, but wise if we are foolish.
Fools give you reasons, wise men never try.
Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
These were all said by famous people but when I tried to go back for the names the site was down.
www.quotesandsayings.com
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Fri 27 Jul, 2007 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Not strictly a direct quote but you've got to laugh:

George Galloway is currently the Respect Member of Parliament (MP) for Bethnal Green and Bow.

This is one of George's quotes though:

"I am on the anti-imperialist left... If you are asking did I support the Soviet Union, yes I did. Yes, I did support the Soviet Union, and I think the disappearance of the Soviet Union is the biggest catastrophe of my life. If there was a Soviet Union today, we would not be having this conversation about plunging into a new war in the Middle East, and the US would not be rampaging around the globe." Simon Hattenstone, The Guardian, September 16, 2002.
flighty

Post by flighty »

I take it your quotes are aimed at me, Rogue Chef. I can see no other point of your posting such.

Rather than bore people on here with whatever issues you have with me why not do it via PM?

And I won't 'plung' into anything. I might 'plunge,' however, into something which I take exception to.

Jayne
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

"There was last night the greatest tide that ever was remembered in England to have been in this river, all Whitehall having been drowned."
Samuel Pepys 7th December 1663.
It seems that even then the earth was plunging into a nuclear winter!