Share This Page:

Jock Blythe

Rekindle old friendships, reunite with lost & found.
Mike

Jock Blythe

Post by Mike »

Anyone know or remember Jock Blythe, a wiry wee Scotsman, as mad as a hatter, last seen by me in 1966/7 would be remembered by a Tattoo on the roof of his mouth! He had a bad RTA and had his jaw broken badly, the medics used the skin from one of his arms on his palette!
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Mike

Post by Mike »

I guess that'll be a NO then............. :o
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I'll put you out of your misery Mike.

What can I say about Jock Blythe. An animal :D

We were in the same detachment on HMS Tiger 1965. When he tried to trap, and I mean tried, he used his RTA injuries to his mouth as a chat up line by changing it to " I received a bullet in the mouth whilst serving in Borneo ". The only guy I knew who had tattoed lips.

As well as being his best oppo " Piggy Edwards " also used to act as his interperator due to Jock's broad Glasweigen accent. The gangway staff had special instructions to keep a watch for the pair returning from a run ashore as for some reason as they staggered back to the ship they always missed the gangway and fell in the oggin.

Due to the rotation of duties onboard , Jock and Piggy were the other watch crew of the Skippers MSMB with Jock Blair as cox'n. Jock Blair's favourite trick was to wait until Jock Blythe had hold of a line or was holding on with a boat hook and then without warning give the boat full throttle pitching wee Jock over the side. He used to surface spluttering and threatening to kill Jock when he got hold of him.

Great lad and many dits regarding him, especially his encounter with Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly in Monte Carlo .

Del