Share This Page:

fella going to afghanistan soon

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
pg_123

fella going to afghanistan soon

Post by pg_123 »

Hi guys,
I know you must get loads of stuff like this but basically, as the title says, my boyfriend is due to go to Afghanistan for the first time soon and I just wanna make the time before he goes as fun as possible. Recently he's been bringing up what it's going to be like for me when he goes, in a lighthearted way but I think it's playing on his mind a bit. Thing is, I always try and keep it jokey too, as I don't want to become an extra thing he's got to worry about when he's out there, but I also don't want to come across as flippant, like I'll forget about him the second he leaves. At the moment I'm worried he thinks I'm not taking it seriously but I don't want to be another person going on about him leaving all the time. Tips?
Tab

Post by Tab »

Just think of the thousands and thousands of men and women who have been to Afghanistan in the last eight years that the war has been going on. The chances of anything happening to you are very slim indeed and the odds of you getting injured are many thousands to one. Altough the death toll has crept up during the last few months it still works out to less than one person killed per week. I have bigger death tolls during training