Share This Page:

He's on his way to Pirbright now...

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
jojibeans

He's on his way to Pirbright now...

Post by jojibeans »

Well after the snow meant my friend's last selection date was cancelled, he is on his way there again right now. He will have his tests and stuff today and tomorrow, with his interview tomorrow afternoon, and will know by tomorrow evening one way or the other if he is in the army.

I spoke to him this morning and he was just so nervous. I kept telling him it will be fine, but at this point, I am not sure which idea worries me more - him failing to pass at this late stage and being miserable, or him passing the tests and going. :-?

On a good note, over the last two weeks or so I have actually been able to get him to be serious long enough to have a few completely open conversations with him about how worried I am going to be and how we are going to make sure we keep each other informed, as well as what will happen in the long term and he has been honest with me about his feelings about the whole thing instead of putting on a front the whole time like he does with everyone else.

I am really on edge at the moment, didn't sleep at all last night and I am going to be like this until I hear from him tomorrow. My fiance is being wonderful though, today is his day off work and he is taking me out this afternoon to try and help get my mind off it. :)

Thanks for your replies before, really just venting again here, as I said before can't discuss all of this with anyone at home without them making a fuss.

Joji
jojibeans

Post by jojibeans »

He didn't get in!!! Failed the lung test, he had asthma as a child and had too much scar tissue.
Part of me is relieved that he will be sticking around - is that bad? But the other part of me is gutted for him, he has worked so hard and waited so long for this and it sucks that it hasn't paid off this time.
He is on his way home now and is going to call me when he is nearly back so I am going to go and pick him up from the train station and we are going out drinking.
Joji
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

bad that you care? not at all, just really good of you for not holding him back, i think you dealt with it pretty well by reading your posts its obvious that you care about him alot.
BARB - Passed
Basic Skills - Complete
Reg Choice - The Duke Of Lancaster's
Role - Infantry
jojibeans

Post by jojibeans »

Thanks Dawber...I do care about him a lot and at the end of the day I would rather see him happy than anything else.
Not over yet though - he also applied to join the RAF last year and passed their medical and interviews but never re-applied for selection because he got the army dates through - when he failed on Monday he got on the phone to the RAF and they said to come and have a chat at the recruitment office in Cambridge, so he went up there yesterday morning and it went well, he doesn't have to redo the bits he has already done, just waiting now to be told when to go and do the 3-day selection at Honington, so he could still have a career in the armed forces!
Joji
zeeshan002

Re: He's on his way to Pirbright now...

Post by zeeshan002 »

Not sure if you've tried these other routes, but if you know names of people have you tried tracking them down on things like facebook, friends/military reunited etc.