Share This Page:

Advice for the Mrs

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
Stacka83

Advice for the Mrs

Post by Stacka83 »

Basically I start training next Sunday, and the Mrs is starting to freak out. Does any one know what sort of weekends ill get off. And if ill be allowed to pop back home say just for over night?

If not any advice on getting her through this?

And is it me....or has any one else started to think about things like safety of the house, and ways in which I should protect her whilst I'am away?

Cheers...Stacka
Application sent : On route
Psychometric Test : 13/12/2007 - Passed
Eye Test : 13/12/2007 - Passed
Interview: 09/01/2008 - Passed
Medical: 10/01/2008 - Passed
RMAD - 22/01/2008
PJFT: 19/01/2008 - Passed - 9.32
PRMC: 31/03/2008
RT : Failed
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

You are kidding right?
You say you have been through PRMC and failed RT.
Did your wife know nothing about it?

Answer on a post-card before I delete this pointless post.
Stacka83

Post by Stacka83 »

What you on about f@#k wit!

Army leave and family affairs are much different to Royal Marines. I.e. There more transparent than the army
RMAD - 22/01/2008
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Stacka3, tad of a silly question but i shall answer, the only days off you get are the days the army or your training permits. no leniency towards any one for any reason I'm afraid. Come to an arrangement with a friend of member of the family to check in on her time to time, sorry fella, give her a talk to. a proper sit down and explain what's going to happen and when she'll understand.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Stacka83 wrote:What you on about f@#k wit!

Army leave and family affairs are much different to Royal Marines. I.e. There more transparent than the army
I'm sure you'll go far if thats you're attitude in real life.

Stokey :roll:
Stacka83

Post by Stacka83 »

Stokey_14 wrote:

I'm sure you'll go far if thats you're attitude in real life.

Stokey :roll:
You'll get over it
RMAD - 22/01/2008
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Next time you go to your AFCO I would pick up a"Clue"Just ask the Recruiting Corporal although he may send you for a"Long Weight"
As you know it all why ask a question?
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Weekend leave at week Six.

Finish Friday afternoon aslong as Block jobs are done up to standard and you pass Drill test One, then back on Camp by 2100hrs Sunday night.

Dont be late back.

Next time you see the Missus is Friday week 14 Passout parade!
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

I'd be happy to give your missus some advice - assuming this thread isn't a wah.

Am a bit pissed off with the responses here, sorry Wholley (you know I loves you!) - I thought the point of this section was for questions like these, not for people to take the out and out piss out of the poster. It is not easy for us who are left behind and a little respect wouldn't go a miss.
Waiting for my rocket to come.
gt1980

Post by gt1980 »

English Rose wrote:I'd be happy to give your missus some advice - assuming this thread isn't a wah.

Am a bit pissed off with the responses here, sorry Wholley (you know I loves you!) - I thought the point of this section was for questions like these, not for people to take the out and out piss out of the poster. It is not easy for us who are left behind and a little respect wouldn't go a miss.
I would agree with you on this, it isn't fair to read a post then automatically think it bs, however the comment re. the popping home to stay over one night was being a bit wet.

Marine training is longer than army, it's not 14 weeks it's 32 weeks. A few years ago I looked into joining the RM. I believe you get weekends off periodically and there are family days as well.
If you're worrying about the time apart and how she'd deal with, i suggest reconsidering going for the RM as it's a lot continuation training and what happens if you get posted on a ship for months, as i have been told this does happen, correct me if i'm wrong.
What i'm planning on doing is joining the Royal engineers and doing the AACC and becoming a commando engineer

just my 2 pennyth 8)
BARB: PASSED; 76
BASIC SKILLS: PASSED
Interview 1: PASSED 04/03/09
Interview 2: waiting
Wanting to join the Royal Artillery as Gunner UAV Operator.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Erm, he WAS a nod, he's applying for the Army now... :roll:
Stacka83

Post by Stacka83 »

English Rose wrote:I'd be happy to give your missus some advice - assuming this thread isn't a wah.

No offence taken by others don't worry, my bollocks are a bit thicker than I make out.

Basically I hear conflicting advice from both AFCO's and serving Cpl's.

And referring to wet comment, the post was intended to be read and digested by my better half

Thanks to those who responded, seems that Army Training is not as forgiving socially as Marine training. On the plus side its only 26 weeks as opposed to 32.
RMAD - 22/01/2008