Share This Page:

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
tom_06

Post by tom_06 »

Last edited by tom_06 on Wed 22 Nov, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goldie ex rmp

Post by goldie ex rmp »

Tom,

I know where your coming from mate as my step father has not long passed away as well.

Times are going to be tough and you will need to be strong for your mam and family, if i can help you with ANYTHING then just pm me mate.

Think long and hard before you jack it all in though mate as im sure you being in the forces will give your mother lots to brag about with her friends when she feels low and it will give her a big rush when your on leave etc, i live 220 miles from my mother and it cuts me up when i come back home but the welcome we all get makes up for it more.

Of course if you think the forces is not for you then make your choice after all it's your life but just think long and hard mate.

I wish you and all your family the very best during what will be very hard times.

Remember though you don't have to be alone and myself as well as others are just a pm away.

Regards

Sean.
Exemplo Ducemus (By Example We Lead)

"Do not confuse your rank with my authority....Sir!"
Littlegreen

Post by Littlegreen »

Don't worry about your own doubts about training, everyone gets them. Those that say they don't are either mad or lying. It's tough losing someone close, and I'm sure things are whizzing around your head. This might sound harsh, but don't take this as anything other than well intentioned advice; if you really don't want to be a Bootneck, fine, but don't use this as an excuse to get out. Leave because it's not for you, not because you're afraid of not making the grade. I was 16 when I was in training, and when I started, I didn't know whether I'd crack it or not, but just crack one day at a time and you'll be golden. It's a hard place in training, but training not the Corps, it's merely the ticket to the party. That's where you are once you pass out. If you want to pm me, dig out.

LG
tom_06

Post by tom_06 »

cheers guys.Yes you are right littlegreen i shouldnt use this as an excuse and i wont,if i quit training it will be becuase its not for me not becuase of my step dad. Ive got a few weeks to get my head straight before i have to go back.
Recruit Training: 13th November