Share This Page:

TA Deployments

Discussions about the Territorial Army.
JuicedUK

TA Deployments

Post by JuicedUK »

Hi all, im new to the forum and was looking for some advise from anyone in the TA. Preferably infantry, but anyone who can advise would be appreciated.

I have served full time in the services before (RAF) and im about to apply to my local TA Infantry unit (duke of lancs reg)

My question is.. I would really like to get involved in overseas deployments. Id like to see the world in a differnet light and get involved in something exciting and worthwhile. As well as afghan ive been told that tours with the UN in Nicosia and the tri service base in Cyprus are options as well as The balkans. I would like to know how often these opportunities come up and how likely is it i would get to go. I already know afghan is a regular deployment and is where most of our troops are but what about the other options. Do these get announced in TA meetings and people volunteer or do you have to specially request this sort of thing. And if so are they regular options or could you be waiting years for the opportunity.

Sorry for the ignorant question but i dont know anyone in the TA to ask.

Thanks
Tab

Re: TA Deployments

Post by Tab »

This question is best asked at the TA Centre or the unit that you would like to join as they would know about deployments that are coming up than any one else
JuicedUK

Post by JuicedUK »

Thanks. I did try asking and they said these opportunities are open but didnt really say much about how often they come up. They were a little unhelpful to tell the truth. I dont want to know exactly when the tours are or anything just if they come up regularly or if there is usually a long wait for this sort of thing.
Thanks for your resonse.
Tab

Post by Tab »

If that unit is rotating to Afghanistan then you could get called to go every two years