Share this page:

joining the TA

Discussions about the Territorial Army.
dibbs1977

joining the TA

#1 Post by dibbs1977 »

hi all to who can help me :> i was in the army for 8 years and came out in 2002 as a corporal in the royal engineers but due to difficult circumstances domestically i was involved in a fight and got 3 months in prison so the army discharged although i only had 3 weeks left to my voluntary siginng off, anyways i had a outstanding record and this one occasion on leave had put me in a crappy situation i couldnt get out of but now that was 7 years ago i have learnt from my mistakes and beleive me payed the price .i now am in a comfartable job but the buzz is not there to what i was always used to as i joined the army when i was 16 and thats all i ever knew so i would appreciate any advice from anyone if i can join th TA so i can hopefully enjoy what i am proffesionally clued up on from the civvie life any help will much appreciated cheers !!!

Advertise your company or services here and contact us today!

McKenna92

#2 Post by McKenna92 »

Hey, what did you do in RE?

Its the job im looking at to go into thats all :)

Sorry i have no info on the TA.

dibbs1977

everything lol

#3 Post by dibbs1977 »

i was armoured myself .

gunner75
Megastar Member
Megastar Member

#4 Post by gunner75 »

if its assualt i think you have breezed it as i think the 'spent' period from conviction is 5 yr although could be wrong. to be honest mate if youve been in before and have a good record you wont have much to worry about. your recruiters will help the 'good' guys. im going on my own experiences but with hindsight i may of just been extremely lucky getting into the regs with similar history.
'Every man an Emperor'

zyad

Re:

#5 Post by zyad »

McKenna92 wrote:Hey, what did you do in RE?

Its the job im looking at to go into thats all :)

Sorry i have no info on the TA.
How can i get the info Regarding TA? please guide