Share This Page:

North West TA?

Discussions about the Territorial Army.
exgreenjacket

North West TA?

Post by exgreenjacket »

Hello,

Im ex 2RGJ and Ive been thinking about joining the TA for some time now. As far as I know there are no Green Jacket TA units near me, but there are a couple of Kings Platoons (MILAN in Liverpool and Recce in Manchester) so Ill be calling them soon for a chat while I decide what Im doing with myself.

If anyone is a member of the TA and would like to give me any advice it would be greatfully accepted.

Cheers,

Paul.
Thrithraing

Post by Thrithraing »

Hey,

Give KCR a crack. I met a few lads from there and they seemed a cool bunch. Recce platoon, from what I know, is a good crack in KCR. It's not exactly with oblligation, might as well go have a look.

Later,

Darce
To Err is human, to Moo - Bovine...
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

There's a Company from 4 Para based in St Helens now too, which you might want to try if you want a good challenge.

I got sent a leaflet about them with contact details for them which I could give you if your intrested?
Gunner worsley (OP)

Post by Gunner worsley (OP) »

hey im currently at belle vue TA center royal artillery as a gunner but im on the observation post hint the name its in manchester and is really good fun so any questions about the TA in general just pm me. if you want to look at all TA centres in your area just go to the army site on TA and type in your post code and it will show you the closest 1 and what regiment it is i see you are from liverpool well 4 para is close try that if ya think ya ard enough lol only jokin but try that out an see which is closest good luck
tap

Post by tap »

the RAMC are crying out for lads in ellesmere port.