Share This Page:

TA and education

Discussions about the Territorial Army.
Sonne

TA and education

Post by Sonne »

Is it possible to sudy withing the TA for A-levels / NVQs etc?

Did a quick search but didn't find anything useful.

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Tab

Post by Tab »

I would hardly have thought that you could get day release from the TA to carry out your studies. I would have have thought they would be looking for ex Service people with that knowledge or they are hoping to pick people up who have obtained it in civvy street
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yes, I've heard of plenty of people who've joined the TA during sixth form/college or university. As you're in full-time education, you're exempt from compulsory mobilisation, providing the s*** doesn't hit the fan big time.
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Ghost wrote:Yes, I've heard of plenty of people who've joined the TA during sixth form/college or university. As you're in full-time education, you're exempt from compulsory mobilisation, providing the s*** doesn't hit the fan big time.
Ok maybe i should rephrase. Can you study for A-levels and NVQs etc THROUGH the TA i didn't mean alongside (as i already will be)

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Hantslad

Post by Hantslad »

yes you can, it depends what your trade is, whats on offer and how good the admin is in your unit!
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Hantslad wrote:yes you can, it depends what your trade is, whats on offer and how good the admin is in your unit!
Thanks for that Hantslad. I'll have a word with them about it when I get around to applying. Still want to do a month more work on my fitness minimum.

Sonne