Share This Page:

RMR Bristol

Discussions about the Royal Marines Reserve.
Ghost

RMR Bristol

Post by Ghost »

How often is the selection each year at RMR Bristol? Once/twice a year? What months?

Thanks,
Ghost :)
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

Twice a year.

Next intake:

Recruitment presentations- 17 Nov, 08 Dec, 12 Jan

Medical and Documents- 28-30 Jan

PRC- 18-20 Feb
Chaos, Disorder, Destruction.....My work here is done!

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. --- Alan Ashley Pitt"

Why can't you accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
flo

Post by flo »

Skiffle are you at RMR Bistol. If so you may know my old next door neighbour Neil Taylor he was permanent staff (officer) there last year. Also woody and Chopper Young (imprest).
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

Flo,

I am RMR Bristol.

Neil Taylor was are Training Officer upuntil april this year. His latest draft is with the Jungle Warfare Wing in Brunei.

Woody was are MT Cpl upuntil a year ago, he's noe RM Poole MT. Not come across Chopper Young though

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. --- Alan Ashley Pitt"

Why can't you accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
flo

Post by flo »

When Woody left RMR Bristol he came to Taunton, Chopper Young was at Bristol about 4 years ago, he is now WO1 imprest at 40 cdo. Nice bloke but i would say that cause he was my Corporal when i was just a sprog of a wren. Neil and his wife Andrea are in Brunei like you say but for how long...........(pm on its way)
Recon

Post by Recon »

hi does anyone no when the summer intake is? i would go for the january one but im away for feb and march so i cant :roll:
Doc

Post by Doc »

Sometime in the summer,.......... after March. :lol:
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

does anyone know, if you failed selection would you be able to attempt it again? also if you failed it and you were at say RMR London would you be able to go to RMR Bristol a month later and attempt that then join back up with your local unit?

Not that im looking at failing but just in case it did happen.....apparently its only once a year at london and I wouldnt fancy having to keep cracking on with phys sessions for the year while everyone else was doing Phase1A

cheers
Recon

Post by Recon »

Sometime in the summer,.......... after March.
OHH thank god for that :D id never of guessed
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

Recon wrote:hi does anyone no when the summer intake is? i would go for the january one but im away for feb and march so i cant :roll:
RMR Bristol's Potential Recruits Course and Kit and Documentation/ Attestation takes place over June/ July. Once a month all RMR Bristols units will do a potential recruit presentation evening to show what life will be like.
Borisimo wrote:does anyone know, if you failed selection would you be able to attempt it again? also if you failed it and you were at say RMR London would you be able to go to RMR Bristol a month later and attempt that then join back up with your local unit?
Yes you could try that if you wanted to. Until you have signed up to a unit (after being selected on PRC) you can try to go for as many units or attempts at PRC as the unit would allow you.

borisimo

Post by borisimo »

thanks mate
Recon

Post by Recon »

thank mate :D