Share This Page:

Recruiting RMR Scotland???

Discussions about the Royal Marines Reserve.
Getfit

Recruiting RMR Scotland???

Post by Getfit »

Anyone joining holding troop?

Does anyone know the dates for the holding troop for RMR Scotland April selection?

Is there much interest here with people joining?

Should I wait until the Selection weekend?

Thanks

Getfit
Getfit

Post by Getfit »

Well I went along to the HQ last night and was given an intro to the RMR by one of the Marines. Fairly straight forward.

They have a great setup at Glasgow, Climbing wall, new Gym, new Marine bar and all the mod cons.

So looks good, just need to get the admin taken care of and prep myself for the selection.

Cheers
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

The admin takes ages so get cracking now!
Harry Masker

Post by Harry Masker »

Eagle,

Why does it take so long? Any pointers for the other lads and are you trying this Scotland Selection.

Cheers :D
barrybudden

Post by barrybudden »

Harry Masker wrote:Eagle,

Why does it take so long? Any pointers for the other lads and are you trying this Scotland Selection.

Cheers :D
Security clearance!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Not just security clearance - going through the form filling, medicals, Pre joining Fitness Test etc. My advice is contact your local unit first rather than going straight to the careers office. That way they will know about you before all the paperwork arrives on their desk and can help if there's any delays, plus you'll get a chance to see what it's like and do some phys in holding troop sooner rather than later (well - once your medical's through anyway).

Cheers