Share This Page:

Hey Frank I Got A Question?

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Last I heard about route 66, and that was a while back, was that it was falling into disrepair. Newer freeways and interstates handle the vast majority of the traffic nowadays.
I can't for the life of me remember whether I traveled on it or not.
I believe I did some years ago, but only for a short distance.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I never have seen that house Marina. Denver has alot to look at for sure.Lots of cities in a city. If you like BBQ there is a place called Woody's. There are no chairs you have to get it to go, but man is it good. Woody is a southern blackman and I can tell you no white man can BBQ like the blackman in America. They have it down to a science. If you like Mexican there is Casa Bonita, food value and the band is great, cliff divers and all in that complex in the barrio of Denver. I go there twice a month. Marriot at corporate center has the best steak I ever did eat and if you like Chinese, then you must go downtown and get some at B&D's Mongolian BBQ. Clean, quality meat and vegies and all you can eat.
I love Woody's though. I can eat 2 pounds of his brisket by myself, nice old man, has a smoker going 24/7. Hot as hell in his place in the summer, but man I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. He has some damn good hot links as well, his BBQ sauce, I could drink it. I scrape it up with the white plain bread he serves it with and savor every drop. You just gotta try it. You might not want to go back home it's so good. I go to Denver to eat as you can see. Down in the Springs we just got alot of Chain Joints, and the exotic food just ain't that good. Denver though has it all. You exer been to 6 Flags here? I got season passes. I love that place. I used to like the waterslides there, but I'm getting old I guess, I feel like I've been in a car crash the next morning after riding them.
Do you like that Japanese Taipanyaki you know where they juggle knives and make fire go all over the place while cooking in front of you? We do have a place called Musashi, it's here and it is good. Frank for some reason I think you'd like this place, and cheap, man let me tell you. Booze, shrimp, steak,chicken and rice plus fixin's and everything for about 12-15 dollars a person. I love that place too.
Like most rednecks I like to eat. Yeah Route 66 is rough driving. Freeway and Interstate is best bet. :D
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
saffer

Post by saffer »

On avenues and boulevards, some of those geniuses reach 90-100 mph, sometimes crashing into a house.
My 1974 Beetle hardly does 60 mph, and the fuel last 5 seconds on a full tank. However I love the thing to much to drive anything else!

Just out of interest, do you think the 'Big Bitches' of the west had a cunning plan to take over the oil industry in the east once they gave Iraq a 'democracy'. I think this will start coming together after June 30th. The corruption will be outrageous!
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

saffer wrote: The corruption will be outrageous!
As opposed to now, or..?
Marina

Post by Marina »

Whitey,

I do like BBQs, and I will definitely try those places you recommended, although I m not too keen on Japanese, their food always looks undercooked to me ! :-?

P.S
Don't you get heartburn eating all that meat ? :-?
Just curious
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Yeah actually I do have acid reflux and take them purple pills. I can't help it. If it ain't beef it ain't a meal. I eat meat 3 times a day, only beef and pork. Chicken I'll eat only in small amounts. Chicken is sort of a woman typr meat/food to me. I can eat two whole chickes and still be hungry.
In contrast give me a smoked brisket atleast 2 or 3 pounds, a jar of sauce some plain bread and some tater salad and I'm in heaven. Squirrel and dumplins is good eating as well. I have to eat atleast 7 squirrels though just to feel sort of full. Not much meat on them. Rabbit, alligator tail, fried like a burger is my favorite in the summer. Fish is okay, but sort of like chicken. Well shark steak fills me up, but you can't fry it and have it taste good IMO, grilled is okay, but I prefer fried food. Fried Okra, cauliflower, squash, cabbage. I even fry bannana's. Pork rinds, spicey ones, oh and hushpuppies. You ever eat them? Hushpuppies and butter, it's okay to eat boiled green beans if you have fried hushpuppies and catfish.
I feel sick if I eat too much healthy stuff. I tried that Subway diet (You have Subway?) and man I felt deathly ill. Roast beef on a wheat bun, veggies, no cheese (My God) and this vinigar and oil concoction. I liked to died. No I may have to eat them purple belly pills, but it is better than being frail. I lost like 20 pounds in 2 weeks eating that diet. No sir never again, damn pants was falling down, my friends made fun of me. Do you remember Nbforrest? That guy eats like a billy goat, anything and everything, he works out and looks like Lou Forigno with blonde hair. I figure I should work out, I'm 5'11 and 180 lbs, the doctor was getting on me about turning into a fat old hillbilly, but man I think if I tried that healthy diet again I might die. Oh how I suffered, you just couldn't imagine.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)