Share This Page:

Screws

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Wholley

Screws

Post by Wholley »

This might be of interest to Goldie and JR.
The Canadian Government is refusing to issue"Stab proof vests"to prison guards as it would send the wrong message to inmates.The government feels that to wear such vests would send the message that inmates are considered dangerous.Erm....Is it just me or is there something wrong with this picture?
Wholley.
:o
dannyd

Post by dannyd »

Surely they would not be in gaol unless they were considered a danger to the public and therefore to the prison guards as well. It follows that the issuing of stab-proof vests is perhaps not essential to the job but would not go amiss. If it saves the lives of a few men simply doing their job then it is worth it.

Why we care about offending those that are incarcerated is beyond me - perhaps Tony Blair, with his big picture, can enlighten me. After all, I would not be surprised if he imposed similar measures over here.

A case of political correctness gone wrong me thinks (if it was ever right........).
Tab

Post by Tab »

Wholley,

I think that the people who come up with these crazy ideas should be held to account when they go wrong. It is rather like over here all these civil right workers fighting to get the alleged terrorist suspects freed from jail.
Yet if it goes pear shape do you think they will stand up and say that they made a mistake, I wonder?.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Tab wrote:Yet if it goes pear shape do you think they will stand up and say that they made a mistake, I wonder?
Fat chance of that... there is more chance of Osama Bed Linen getting the Nobel Peace Prize!
So dangerous prisoners shouldn't be able to find out they are dangerous? I think that expense has more to do with it. Would the warders wear the vests? It doesn't really matter because they don't have the option... give them the option and see what they decide. How many are stabbed a year? I know that one would be one too many but if the numbers are really small then just issue them to those considered 'at risk of attack' rather than everyone.
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
andy_s

Post by andy_s »

If a guard was stabed and subsequently died bLIAR would be the first person to go on tv and say how sorry he was. He would then call for an enquiry to why/how it happened which would cost millions in tax payers money and would conclude with Lord Woolfe finding an array of errors which would be the fault of some lowly civil servants and definatley not the goverments fault in any way or form.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Andy I don't Blair would have much say on what went on in Canada

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Political Correctness will not stop until Western Civilization is destroyed.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Powder monkey

Post by Powder monkey »

Political correctness will cease in the west when..

A) there are massive demographic shifts i.e certain types of people return to there native lands taking there inherent cultures with them, or..

B) America and Europe are broken up into many small but monoracial states, each with there own unique cultures and traditions.

The liberal elite just don't realise that people don't want to integrate with each other. Blacks are perfectly happy with blacks, whites with whites and asians just want to be with asians. When you try to force them together you will only breed resentment and hatred. Like what is happening today.
This post was typed up in front of a live studio audience at pinewood studios England.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Powder Monkey.
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you.
Dividing the races is not the answer,my first wife was black.
We had two kids together,both great chitlin's,but our respective parents hated our union,her folks hated me for being white,and mine hated her for being black.Assimilation is the answer,not division.Racial hatred has to stop,it ruined my first marraige and got my kids bent out of shape.
there is good and bad in all of us,we need to look beyond the color of our skin.
Rant over.
Wholley.
:o
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Wholley,
You are right about that. Our governments who reel and cry for racial togetherness really in their actions promote division. I know I get bent on racism at times, but sometimes I get caught up as most in the b/s. Education is where it is at. For instance blacks are taught from birth here they were 2nd class, slaves, expected to be criminals, they are told this is what whites will only allow them to be. This is crap and one thing I will say about college is alot of the young blacks are starting to realize their race has been being feed a sulf fulfilling profecy by the leaders to divide the people of this country to better control it. My wife is an Asian and she assimilated. She eats cheese burgers, wears jeans and drives a truck like everyone else, we only eat chinese when I want it and she tell her sister to only speak english. Diversity is the problem and assimilation is the cure.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)