Share This Page:

Tories

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
rabby

Tories

Post by rabby »

So their tax plan should they come to power is to cut the defence budget even more. That's taking the piss is it not? I'll not be voting for them... :evil:
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
lew

Post by lew »

I’ve not heard that, I heard that they would be cutting the public service budget, i.e. police fire, NHS :o is there any party that will increase the defence budget other than the BNP...

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Falkens

Post by Falkens »

I will definately not be voting for that shambles they call the torie party. Athough there is lots of criticism over Blair, the tories manifesto is rubbish. For starters cutting the defence budget seems ridiculous.
saffer

Post by saffer »

tories ... new labour ... differences?!
they are all the same to me, so long as one of those two is in power i dont really mind.
BNP - bit of a different story.
i feel like its a taboo, but i agree with some of the stuff they say. - i would like to stress that point "some"!!!!!!!!!
Tab

Post by Tab »

With one person in four working as a civil servant, are you saying the only place you can cut man power is in the forces?. Now our forces have been slashed to bit's, BUT have you noticed a reduction in the Civil Service that runs the MOD?. I think you will that the level of staff at the MOD is almost the same size as it was in the 1950's when we had the 4th largest military in the world. You could ask how it was that the Goverment spent £250 million on 200 offices for their MP's in Westminster. Now at over a million pounds per office it sounds like there is a lot waste there some where.
Can you tell me why Prescott has about three official homes all paid for by the tax payer and nearly every minister has an official residence again paid for by you and me. Why is it that they have spent nearly half a billion on foreign travel this year, sorry fact finding missions. Do we need whole departments watching another department to make sure that they are doing there work correctley. The waste in Government is horriffic and any one that cuts back on it gets my vote.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

I think what the Tories are saying is that IF they got into power the defence budget would stay the same as the previous year they come to power. So if inflation is eg 2.4% as it is currently then that is how much the Defence Budget would be 'cut' by in real terms.

If they (HM Govt) cannot cut expenditure through wastage in Admirals, Generals and Air Marshals then they do not deserve to be elected. Its at the sharp end OUR money should be spent giving the lads the right equipment not to the 'top heavies'.

One postee has mentioned an alternative to voting for the Big Three parties, that is where my vote will go at the Euro Elections, to send a message out in capital letters what a 'cock up' they are all making of this country, and not selling it down the Swannee, but sold it Lock,Stock and Barrel. Shame on the lot of them!
rabby

Post by rabby »

As I know sweet F.A. about politics, what about the Liberal Democrats, whats their stance on defence??
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
SMc

Post by SMc »

I dont know much about it, but i dont think the liberal democrats have a stance on defence, they seem to focus more on taxation and tuition. Check out the website below, i didnt see much but it may help,

http://www.libdems.org.uk/index.cfm/pag ... liamentary

Hope its useful.
bullpup

Post by bullpup »

More worrying is casting a vote in the poll on here and then viewing the results:

viewtopic.php?t=6475

Labour is equal with BNP ???? :roll:

Are we becoming stereotypes? Or is the poll skewed by all the idiots?

Bull
lew

Post by lew »

Actually the BNP have more votes than Labour, and are currently holding 25% of the vote... THATS 2ND!!!:roll:

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
bullpup

Post by bullpup »

sorry lew, when I looked they were neck and neck at 12% each; so it must be a small sample size at the moment; and almost definitively skewed by it being half term, or as Archie put it perhaps

www.knobbers.r.us.com has closed down and redirected web traffic this way

bull