Share This Page:

Virtual Poll

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.

Who?

Blair
19%
Other Labour
No votes
Howard
29%
Kennedy
14%
Other(BNP, Greens, etc)
38%

Total votes: 21

old scaly back

Post by old scaly back »

Im with you lew,in the 50,s and 60,s bus drivers were recruited from Jamaica to cover jobs we would not do.
Corner shops open later now.
Starting to sound like Monty Python "What did the Romans ever do for us"
Freeloaders,thats a good word.
I hate freeloaders in Britain but freeloaders that travel from other countrys cheese me off.
Imigration is o.k. if its regulated properly.
There are jobs in this country that English people wont do.
I bet you didnt know that imagrants ,about 50% (im being generous)work in Oxford at the B.M.W. plant building the mini.Why.Because its bloody hard work,i know because ive just worked three months there,it knackerd me.
So when you are driving your mini,think this without the imigrants it wouldnt have been built.
I used to be in the SASS (Saturday and Sunday Soldier)
Tab

Post by Tab »

Lets get one thing straight about Public Transport as I worked in it for thirty years. The reason they recruited so many people from overseas to work on the Transport, was to keep the fares down by cutting the wages.
At one time a London Bus Driver was the second highest paid worker in London after the Printers, but that soon changed in the late 50's when some one had the bright idea of recruiting overseas where they could get them for a lot less than it cost to retain the current drivers, so pay increases were kept to a minimum, and the same thing happened on the railways and the hospitals.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
old scaly back

Post by old scaly back »

Tab,I stand corrected :oops:
I used to be in the SASS (Saturday and Sunday Soldier)
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

:o

Oh so we have slave labour now in Britain do we?

The underprivileged HAVE to work the Cowley plant or whatever do they, I know whites and coloureds and Europeans that worked on the Dagenham production lines as they do in the VW factories in Germany. In a so called democracy we have the right to chose where and when we work, no one forces it on Albanians, Kosovans, Lithuanians or British, they do it to earn a crust. Some join the forces and go into combat zones, as most of us on here reading this forum have done or about to do, that is/was our choice.

The team who did my heart bypass operation at Papworth were multiracial, the surgeon was Scots his assistant was Chinese, several Brits involved but the nurse who brought me round after 24 hours in the ITU was coloured, maybe British, my prostate operation was conducted by a Moslem anaethestist. My own doctor is Sri Lankan but speaks with a decidedly Queens English accent, I have no problem with any of these people but I'll say one thing no one is indespensible!

A lot of people say that Enoch Powell was right about immigration in the 60/70's, strange that in 1954 he was the Secretary of State for Health when the first shipload (Empire Windrush) arrived in the UK bringing hundreds of workers over from the West Indies to work in the Health Service, now that is hypocrisy.
kwew

Post by kwew »

My own doctor is Sri Lankan but speaks with a decidedly Queens English accent
That is one thing i find amusing, some one of an ethnic background speaking such perfect english, its a sorry sight to see young white kids walking round town with there wot ups and the ya's and da's then you see an asian kid that puts them to shame. I feel so ashamed but then also slightly happy that these asian people have assimilated into our society so well. Immigration is a good thing it can only help to diversify and educate the country in different ways.
Just stop the freeloaders :evil: :evil: