Share This Page:

Does power come from the people?

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Whitey

Does power come from the people?

Post by Whitey »

Or does it come from the government. If governmental powers come from the consent of the governed, and we aren't happy with our government, then do we have the right to abolish our system by ballot or by force and institute a government of our choosing?

If the answer be yes, then who among you would be willing to stand for what you beleive in?
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

No one wants to touch this do they?
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Whitey, the government's got bigger and better guns and more of them....
That kinda makes it moot, doesn't it?
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Got it Frank, if the Government has the guns they obviously only answer to themselves as to the extent and use of their powers.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Yeah, pretty much.
Now, when it comes to my own, wife and family, the bets and gloves are off. My beliefs, there aren't much left of them.
Priorities change and so does the ever tightening circle of values, if that makes sense.
I have a stepson but no child of mine, maybe out of some form of cowardice. Who knows...
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Frank,
My daddy raised me to stand up for what I beleive in, and to not waver on those beliefs even if faced with "Or else". I was just wondering what peoples thoughts on the subject were. It is obvious people don't want to think about it.

I draw the line further than protecting my family. I'd protect my neighbor, my friends, my city and my state. I did the country bit, but that was more like being a global cop for a corporate machine that runs off of dollars.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

And that's the way it should be, really.
Just don't trust that you'll get back up from law enforcement even though you may be in the right. Sometimes, yes.

As for me maybe I'll feel different once I become a citizen. I hope so. But right now, I'm watching my step...

I still feel sour about the 'visit' Wholley received, though... And weary.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Frank you are more American than most people that were born here.

As to watching steps I understand. I was thinking of the War of Northern Agression tonight. Yeah they beat us in the end, but they did it through a Saddam Hussein policy of scorched Earth. Our side never did that crap.
Old Bobby Lee and Jeff Davis gave them Yankees hell though. It's better to go down fighting is what I was getting at.

I don't hate the Government really, I just think it is too big and getting too intrusive and ignoring the Constitution it swore to uphold.

I also wanted to see if folks would say that their rights bestowed upon them by their creator came from God in the form of them having their own free will or are their rights doled to them like welfare from the state?
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Yeah that vistit was strange. Funny how they think they can kick down doors without warrants or cause on private property. If the government is afraid of gun crime then they should ban blacks from owning guns. They are 17% of the population, 80% of the violent criminals and almost 80% of the prison population.
BenChug

Post by BenChug »

Whitey you want some facts about gun control here in Canada?

Natives make up 0.5% of Canada's population, yet they are responsible for about 60% of the crimes using guns in Canada and make up 20% of the prison population in Canada. Now take that fact and that they of all firearms users in Canada, don't have to register there guns, they receive a certain alottment of rounds ever year for 'hunting' (I believe the # is 500 rounds per year.)
If a man has nothing he is willing to die for then he isn't fit to live.
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

Whitey wrote:Or does it come from the government. If governmental powers come from the consent of the governed, and we aren't happy with our government, then do we have the right to abolish our system by ballot or by force and institute a government of our choosing?
If the answer be yes, then who among you would be willing to stand for what you beleive in?
With out the people there is no country, therefore the people make the country. You said If governmental powers come from the consent of the governed, and we aren't happy with our government, then do we have the right to abolish our system by ballot or by force and institute a government of our choosing? yes to all. If a government is hated buy the people then the people have a right to have a ballot, If that does not work then buy force if needed, but only when the country is really going down the pan. Then the people can vote a choose a new guverment.

I mean for example how did Britney Spears, Sting, Michael Jackson get all that cash, the fan's. If there are no fans then they don't sell records, get advertising contract's and in the end they don't get paid.

People Power a very strong force, but not many people seem to relies how powerful it can be, if used in the right way.

I would stand up for what I believe in, no doubt about that. Right i'm off down to 10 Downing Street, who want's to use some People Power. :D
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
lew

Post by lew »

errrr jason, isnt it 11 downing street :lol:

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Lew,
Was you father a RM?
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

.......................people, what are they......................?
lew

Post by lew »

Whitey...

nope my father was a butcher... uncle was a RGJ though...

why???

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August