Share This Page:

Fight The Cuts in the welfare state imposed by the UK.

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
MSI64

Re: Fight The Cuts in the welfare state imposed by the UK.

Post by MSI64 »

Kill the Queen??? Fight the Govt???

Dont be ridiculous, Am all for reducing the welfare state. its too big a burden and we cant afford to shell out for the feckless in this country.
I claim nothing off this Govt and do very well indeed thank you.
I have worked all my adult life from 16 till now. Have a private pension and private Medical care.
We throw too much at other countries and at the witless layabouts of this country.
Cuts in welfare are as far as Im concerned are the best cuts to make.
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
Tab

Post by Tab »

Wonder where the money is going to come from if the cuts don't go ahead, it seems to me that every one seems to think that the world should pay for us all live a life style that they would like to enjoy. How can explain why people are getting nearly £2,000.00 per week in housing benefits as they only want to live in a certain area along with their brood of children that again are all supported by the State.
I wonder if Peter Dow can tell me why it is that every time the Labour party leave office the Government is Bankrupt. Maggie Thatcher had to make cuts to cover Wilson's and Callaghan's debt ridden policies which were so bad that they had call in IMF to try and help sort it out.
Yet the Labour Minister thought that the debts that they had run up were so funny he left a note in his office for the incoming minister say enjoy your self but tough luck we have spent all the money.
Why was it when the Labour Party saw that they were not going to get in they signed thousands of contracts with huge escape clauses knowing that there was not the money to cover these contracts. Yet Peter Dow seems to think it is all down to the Conservative government being nasty to the working man and cutting for cutting sake. Has he ever asked the question of the Labour Government why they ran up such large debts in the first place or failed to cut these debts rather than blame the incoming government
Tab

Post by Tab »

Raise the Money by taxation...........Sounds great but there are so many that never pay any as they are getting more money by being on the dole than they would if they were working, so it is your idea that the tax burden should fall on any one that works hard while trying to improve them selfs, well that is the Labour Parties way.

Now I know of three people in the street where I live that don't work and are better off by not working. One of the them has five carts in the household and another has three, the poorest of them only has one and that is more modern than mine and yes we should protect their way life as that is their right to have every thing included their rates paid for.

Now you say we should have a President.....Would this save money for the Country, well the President would not live in 10 Downing Street as he would need a Palace to entertain
in, so he would take over Buck House, then he would need a country retreat, so there goes Balmoral, then he would need the Presidential Planes, yachts and trains. Now with the Royal wealth would you confiscate it all and put it into a Presidential fund. Would the Country have to pledge allegiance to people like Gordon Brown or Tony Blair and his his lovely wife.

Universities.............Yes a lot a lot could be done there, lets get back to proper course instead of all these micky mouse degrees that are not worth the paper they are printed on.
What about going back to the old Technical Colleges that teach people a trade so that they can get employment when they leave college, rather that a degree Soap Operas or some thing just as daft. How is that so many people who get to university still have not mastered the basics in education.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

800 quid a month for rent, live comfortably, or 500 quid a week live uncomfortably and have an incentive to get a job? works for me.

Taxation?? as Tab said there are more people not paying tax so that doesnt work.

Stop giving cash out to other countries who dont need it. And as for University, well if your going to University then your looking for a well paid job at the end of it?
Well paid job means good money good money means enough topay back your tuition fees that got you that good job and good money!!!!

Get a job thats relevant to your degree and get a reduction in your fees
Go to University and then swan about doing nothing then pay the lot back!!
Do public service after your degree and get a reduction in your fees
Technical Colleges and apprenticeships are the way ahead for this country,
Lets stop telling people that everyone can go to University!! it just isnt the truth!!!
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Tab

Post by Tab »

Why can't those on the dole be made to work for the Council so many days a week rather than sitting on there back sides whining that they should get more dole.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Darn straight - I agree with the welfare cuts too.
Benefits should be the lowest amount of money people can live on - why should I pay for somebody to have a huge tv and holidays every year when I can't afford them because I'm being responsible and paying my way?
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

The welfare state was set up to help those who had nothing, now it has become a lifestyle choice.
Yes some people actually need it but I would say at least 60% are capable of finding a job.
You shouldnt be looking for a 30 or 40 grand a year job, you should be looking for a job that you can get and then live within that wage. Its simple economics!!!
If I want a new car I look at my budget and see where I can make cuts and save that money.
I come from a large family (7 Kids) we never asked for anything of the Govt and both my parents worked.
Its how your brought up dictates how you see money.
My son is five and works for his pocket money each week, he will understand how to work within his budget.

Wholley

Post by Wholley »

The only part of the original post I find interesting is the(admitted)failure of the FSA to prosecute Vodafone for what is and was an enormous tax fraud,£6billion and counting.
When big business can thumb their noses at the government and get away with it what is the little guy supposed to think?
The fed's in the US have the right idea(ish)at least they went after Haliburton with a vengance and may do so again in light of new evidence regarding the explosion of a certain drilling platform not a million miles from Louisiana.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Didn't Vodaphones owner support the Labour Party
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

MSI64 wrote:The welfare state was set up to help those who had nothing, now it has become a lifestyle choice.
Yes some people actually need it but I would say at least 60% are capable of finding a job.
You shouldnt be looking for a 30 or 40 grand a year job, you should be looking for a job that you can get and then live within that wage. Its simple economics!!!
If I want a new car I look at my budget and see where I can make cuts and save that money.
I come from a large family (7 Kids) we never asked for anything of the Govt and both my parents worked.
Its how your brought up dictates how you see money.
My son is five and works for his pocket money each week, he will understand how to work within his budget.
If the amount of benefits people could get was lower, I think more people would, but at the moment they get more money for not working, so for them, economically it makes no sense.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Here is the problem.
I was listening to the News the other day and kept hearing the word affordable.
Airfares are going up and it could make holidays abroad unaffordable, or lowering benefits will make living in London for some families unaffordable??
We should get away from the culture of everything should be affordable for everyone.
If you want something then work and save for it. If you cant afford to live in London then move. If you want a holiday abroad then save all year for it.
Benefits are supposed to be a stop gap for those that fall on hard times.
If you cant find a job that pays enough, then get a second job.
I am sick and tired of hearing the wailing and gnashing teeth of this countries wasters.
Lets stop looking at big payouts as an excuse to give the feckless more cash. If you have a job that pays you a big payout once a year then well done you, aslong as you pay your taxes I have no problem with six figure payouts.
Some people genuinely cant work, These people are what the welfare state was made for.
Pensions funds are getting smaller because there is less money being paid into the pot.
If you havent paid in then you should get the bare minimum to survive on.
As I keep saying its simple economics!!

Wholley

Post by Wholley »

To an extent I agree with you MS.Problem is in this country and also the US cutting budgets for the less well off will simply not work.Too much too quick.Barak Obama is going to learn the hard way when the Democrats lose control of Congress and I don't see this coalition lasting too long either.

Puerto Rico anyone?