Share This Page:

War memorial defaced with religious and political messages

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Shadden

War memorial defaced with religious and political messages

Post by Shadden »

A Muslim protester who daubed a war memorial with graffiti glorifying Osama Bin Laden and proclaiming 'Islam will dominate the world' walked free from court after prosecutors ruled his actions were not motivated by religion.

Tohseef Shah, 21, could have faced a tougher sentence if the court had accepted that the insults - which included a threat to kill the Prime Minister - were inspired by religious hatred.

But - citing a loophole in the law - the Crown Prosecution Service chose not to charge him with that offence and he escaped with only a two-year conditional discharge and an order to pay the council £500 compensation after admitting causing criminal damage.

Yesterday the decision was attacked by politicians and veterans who were shocked by the desecration of the memorial in Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rrer=yahoo

I don't get why the article's title says "racially motivated", don't they mean "religiously motivated"? which is what the actual article says, but anyway, how was this case not found to be religiously motivated? He wrote "Islam will dominate the world". This just seems astounding.
Tab

Re: War memorial defaced with religious and political messag

Post by Tab »

I wonder if he was here legally
ofens

Post by ofens »

Oh dear.
Well it is a fact that over 90% of racially motivated crime in the UK is committed by non-whites.
Why can't the people that wrote that have a little ruck in their own country? I wonder.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Tab

Post by Tab »

I wonder what would happen if a English person wrote remarks on their Mosque
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

This is a disgrace. In my opinion another example of inconsistancies in how law is applied.
I recall a white student idiot who decided to urinate on a war memorial who was suitably punished and publically 'remembered' for quite some time after.

This one is purely down to his skin colour in my opinion - if i can be so frank. Lets be honest THIS is exactly the kind of thing that everyday folk are getting sick to the back teeth of. Why cant politicians and judges take note!! Before im acussed of being racist, im not. I just dont care much for people who care very little for the country they live in. Surely this would of been bordering an act of treason a few moons ago?? Are we not at war with Bin Laden and terror? Yet here we are in Britain tippy toeing around watching for security threats and the like, then letting some f*ckwit walk away scot free for doing such an obvious wrong doing. This country is a JOKE the rest of the world probably thinks so too - certainly a few of eastern descent who dwell here seem to think that.
'Every man an Emperor'
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Avid reader of thr Daily Mail are we Gunner.
Its put in the paper to sell newspapers. The paper is a snapshot of the world it isnt the world!
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

I dont read ANY papers. The exception maybe being the daily sport but then I dont read that - I just look at the pictures. :roll:

Yes perhaps these snapshots are put in to sell more papers, but I personally wouldnt go out of my way to buy a newspaper with this in mind - I have better things to do. My 'vent' is to do with lack of respect to a war memorial and inconsistencies in the application of law to those caught red handed showing lack of respect. Time and time again it appears to be the same old same old and I for one am getting very impatient with it all.
'Every man an Emperor'