Share This Page:

Wooton Basset

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

MSI64 wrote:Its called freedom of expression mate
It doesnt change the good work Wooton Basset has done.
However if its a day when a repatration is one then it might casue some problems
Their good work, really?

To me it's coming out of their houses in front of media camera to wave at their mums while a dead squaddie is driven past. Good work? Nah
Waiting for my rocket to come.
herbie

Post by herbie »

English Rose wrote:
MSI64 wrote:Its called freedom of expression mate
It doesnt change the good work Wooton Basset has done.
However if its a day when a repatration is one then it might casue some problems
Their good work, really?

To me it's coming out of their houses in front of media camera to wave at their mums while a dead squaddie is driven past. Good work? Nah
I thought they were doing it long before the camera's arrived.
The last one I watched the weather was awful but the crowds were there as usual.
Not a fair comment IMHO
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

This was done before the cameras got there, These people stop there daily lives to pay respect to fallen soldiers.

It gives massive comfort to the families to see the the british public show their support, Think how you would feel if it was your son/daughter coming home?

Even if the cameras finished tommorow, the people of Wootton Bassett would still turn out.
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

I personally think the planned protest should not be allowed at all. Its a total lack of respect for the British forces currently serving and those who have fallen, not to mention extremely insensitive to the families whose loved ones have been killed. There is now an extreme lack of tolerance by most British people toward these muslim extremists - almost to the point of civil unrest.It appears that they are being treated softly softly by the government mainly after their outspoken/somewhat unpatriotic rants and views. This in turn grates at the public who, after being fed up with all the politically correct brigade, spongers, whiners and work shy benefit claimers, feel like the country has become soft touch Britain and these 'protesters' are taking the proverbial p*ss at the expense of Soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Im all for freedom of speech but not when it is as disrespectful as this will be if that protest is allowed to go ahead - let them have their protest another day and certainly another place. Bringing home a dead service man through Wooten Bassett aint the time or place to Highlight some cause for muslim extremism.
'Every man an Emperor'
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

The march doesn't even need to go ahead now though does it? Anjem Choudhary has got exactly what he wanted - for the media to whip everyone into a frenzy and make decent non-muslim Brits seem like racist bigots, and to bring the real racist bigots to the forefront, in order for young muslim lads to get the impression that this country is fundamentally anti-Islam and sympathise with his cause.
The whole reason behind his choice of Wootton Basset was to cause controversy. Nowhere else would have inspired the same reaction.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Tab

Post by Tab »

I see that the BNP has stated that if this march goes ahead it will be met by force, and that they are rallying people to do this.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

In my opinion 'muslim' extremists seem to openly get away with racism on a regular basis, yet when the average British (Christian/other) person gets to the point of showing utter disgust by actions of 'muslim' extremists - they get branded as racist. This is what the average person is sick to death of! The Government has failed by opening the floodgates to a multiculteral society far too quickly and doing nothing when the harmony goes pear shaped. If people (no matter what creed, colour or religion) volunteer to move to this country they should be made to abide by our laws, intergrate into our society and respect OUR traditional customs and/or beliefs - not stir up a hornets nest every 5 minutes because they dont like events happening elsewhere. Its a complete lack of respect for ones country and people are sick of it now - no wonder the extreme policy parties are starting to get a foothold in places around the country.
'Every man an Emperor'
trfcdan86

Post by trfcdan86 »

gunner75 wrote:In my opinion 'muslim' extremists seem to openly get away with racism on a regular basis, yet when the average British (Christian/other) person gets to the point of showing utter disgust by actions of 'muslim' extremists - they get branded as racist. This is what the average person is sick to death of! The Government has failed by opening the floodgates to a multiculteral society far too quickly and doing nothing when the harmony goes pear shaped. If people (no matter what creed, colour or religion) volunteer to move to this country they should be made to abide by our laws, intergrate into our society and respect OUR traditional customs and/or beliefs - not stir up a hornets nest every 5 minutes because they dont like events happening elsewhere. Its a complete lack of respect for ones country and people are sick of it now - no wonder the extreme policy parties are starting to get a foothold in places around the country.
agree 100% with you there mate.
Application: 11th May 2009
AST: Passed 7th July 2009
Interview: Passed 13th July 2009
Medical: Passed 30th July 2009
PJFT: Passed Nov 30th 2009
PGSC: Passed February 22nd 2010
TG: ???
OrganDonor

Post by OrganDonor »

Same as :evil:
The only thing neccessary for Evil to succeed is for Good men to do nothing...
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

trfcdan86 wrote:
gunner75 wrote:In my opinion 'muslim' extremists seem to openly get away with racism on a regular basis, yet when the average British (Christian/other) person gets to the point of showing utter disgust by actions of 'muslim' extremists - they get branded as racist. This is what the average person is sick to death of! The Government has failed by opening the floodgates to a multiculteral society far too quickly and doing nothing when the harmony goes pear shaped. If people (no matter what creed, colour or religion) volunteer to move to this country they should be made to abide by our laws, intergrate into our society and respect OUR traditional customs and/or beliefs - not stir up a hornets nest every 5 minutes because they dont like events happening elsewhere. Its a complete lack of respect for ones country and people are sick of it now - no wonder the extreme policy parties are starting to get a foothold in places around the country.
agree 100% with you there mate.
Let me put the cat amongst the pigeons

Thery have a right to Freedom of speech, we fought for that. They also have a right to demonstrate (peacefully)

Define intergrate for me please??? The majority do. I am going to move to the states in the next couple of years, will I fly a stars and stripes outside my house???? Nope
We have for years lived happily with the people who come to this country, it is the firebrand extremist that are stirring things. we have our own firebrands here too. How many British/white/non muslim people marched against the war in Iraq???
Let them march. Give it no mind go about your business, there is nothing to get mad about. How can you make someone respect our traditions? And for that matter what are our traditions?

Your post is as extreme as there demands to March as far as I can see your only one step away from screaming send them all back to where they came from!!!
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Wholley

Post by Wholley »

MSI64 wrote: will I fly a stars and stripes outside my house???? Nope
Try flying a Union Jack,especially in the south where they still feel betrayed by HMG over the war of Northen aggresion. :D :D :D
OrganDonor

Post by OrganDonor »

How many British/white/non muslim people marched against the war in Iraq???
Let them march. Give it no mind go about your business, there is nothing to get mad about.

Your post is as extreme as there demands to March.

HOW ill-informed or blind are you?? British people (white, black, yellow or bloody GREEN) marched against the war, as is their right (freedom of speech etc)- this is POLITICS, not religion.
As for 'nothing to get mad about'? I refer to my earlier post- a (banned) Islamist group, linked to- if not (for once) directly involved in- recruiting/funding/supporting anti-West terrorism, while its leader is jobless & happy to live on benefits, marching in the town where we repatriate our war dead. A war we are fighting, I may add, to give normal people the freedoms we take for granted.
These people harp on about getting the West out of the Middle East (Christian crusade in Muslim lands etc), yet they are here in OUR Christian lands- & even if we pulled out tomorrow, they wouldn't leave or change until WE are Muslim, or dead.

Do YOU fancy living under Sharia Law?
The only thing neccessary for Evil to succeed is for Good men to do nothing...
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

With respect :
You, are sounding exactly like the kind of person that I am becoming increasingly irritated/frustrated with and by. I raise my own personal opinion and up pops someone more or less implying that im racist quote 'as far as I can see your only one step away from screaming send them all back to where they came from!!!' unquote. I dont think you grasped what I was trying to get across, either that or I did not put it across clearly. My distaste is aimed at a group of people known for their extremist views planning on marching the same day and same place that a soldiers funeral is planned - all in the name of publicity. This is not on at all, certain lines do not get stepped over. You will note in my post I said Im for freedom of speech and their protest should be allowed another time and place. As like you said we fought for that right and they are now using it. Its ironic that we are over there now fighting a war in their backyard in order to give them that same freedom yet their extremist views are dictating that we (British) are the enemy.
I couldnt give a rats arse about colour,creed or religion. You are wrong to think that if you do. I have my own circle of friends, family and aquaintances and yes it may suprise you that a few of those are muslim asians. However, what goes on beyond that circle with other people I care very little.
However, I stand by what I say. I will answer your points:
Integrate : Id expect/demand a good grasp of the language of the country you were relocating to. I did when I went to Germany, France...Northern Ireland, Kings Lynne :wink: etc etc.
Have something to offer, Id rather have people with skills and qualifications allowed over here other than unqualified workshy rabble that come here to claim benefits.

Your point about raising the flag is well made. I wouldnt do that either and im not expecting anyone that comes here to do so. But a healthy respect and basic knowledge of your host country's past history and traditions should be a requirement, it doesnt hurt and it shows you want to be there - a bit like the requirement needed to join the forces, dont you think?

Traditions. Whether you, or others, like it or not and before multiculture became the word of choice - Britain was predominantly a Christian country. I wont say predominantly 'white' as I dont want you popping up again and I dont want to go there anyway. A healthy respect of this fact from my point of view would harbour a mutual respect back. I would do the same If it was the other way round and I was to visit a muslim country - just as I done when in deepest darkest egypt and the like. I certainly wouldnt go to another country and try to impose my religion on theirs which in extremist cases that is what is happening.

I fear terrorism. Extremists generate and harbour it. I wont say 'muslim' extremists, as by saying 'muslim' I feel that your thinking im having a pop at all of them which im not. But I stand by what I say, get these hate mongering extremists away from that procession as I feel not only is it a disgrace, but highly inappropriate and insensitive to colleagues and families involved.
'Every man an Emperor'
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

I did say I would put the cat amongst the pigeons lol

I certainly understand your feelings and for once someone has replied and given me the answers I asked for.

Your post to me did come across as a little agree and I was not trying to wind anyone up.

One thing I didnt realize is their was a repatriation on the same day!!
I agree that is totally out of order.
I know that some people, if not all people linked with this organization are low lifes and do not live on this planet.
If it was a peaceful march with no racist chanting and they simply walked coffins through WB. I for one would not have a problem with it.
My point being is that by giving these people your venom you play into their hands.

My post was a polar position simply to try and give both sides.

No offence meant.

gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

Likening lads from 4 Para to 'pigeons' is very similar to likening yourself, as recruit staff, to the 'pie-eyed piper' :wink: similar but not quite the same.
No offence taken as im a dinosaur with thickened skin.
However, I will raise an opinion if something I believe to be wrong/right hits me between the eyes - Im not one to be led by the crowd as Im a bit worldly wise and older to do that, so 'little agree' posts are rarely generated by these digits.
'Every man an Emperor'