Share This Page:

muslims in the military

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
_Mark_

muslims in the military

Post by _Mark_ »

if The current threat to the west stems from islamic extremists, and we are fighting an enemy who claims that they are justified through jihad. If islamic teachings teach hate of anyone who is not a muslim and that to lie if it benefits islam is allowed, should muslims be allowed to join the military. I apologise for not putting links to but i'm using my mobile and cant put links atm. During the war with the nazis we would have been sceptical about any german in britain. Even though they might not be nazis, there was no way of really knowing, so for national security reasons it would have been a bad idea to allow then into the country. Ok so not all muslims follow mohammad's teachings to the extent of the taliban or al qaida, but to be on the safe side would it not be safer to not allow muslims into the military. Or would it create more problems and cause another 7/11?
Please bear in mind the forums policy on racial abuse, hate speech etc. As it will probably close the thread if someone says anything stupid.
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

I see what you mean mate, but I don't think it could ever be done. The argument would be that only a tiny proportion of the muslim community think along the lines of all the extremist bollocks, and thus why bar them all entry. And no doubt it would cause all the politically correct do gooders to go nuts, and then you've got the muslims that are currently serving in the forces.
Don't pull face's, it means nothing to me I can't feel a thing. You must drive forward.

'The Paras 1982'
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

The Qu ran does not preach hatred towards non Muslims its only idiots who read that into it.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Was there a ban on the Irish joining the military during the troubles and bombing in the north
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Mohammed's teachings actually say that Muslims, Christians and Jews are all brothers, as they all believe in the same God. That's why they're all considered People of the Book. The only difference is the prophet they follow.

What has happened with extremism and fundamentalism is down to certain individuals placing their own interpretation on what is said in the Qur'an, just as some Christian individuals do with the Bible.

Suggesting a ban on Muslims joining the military is just plain ridiculous.
Any British Muslim who wants to join up and fight for this country is more than welcome as far as I'm concerned, as they will have had to put some serious thought into the decision, and have a real passion for it. Some lads join up because they can't think of anything else to do with their lives, or because x members of their families were serving, without ever really thinking about what it is they are signing up for. Not saying that's the case with anyone here, but I've seen it happen.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Moved this post as I think it's more appropriate in here.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

Hyperlithe wrote: Suggesting a ban on Muslims joining the military is just plain ridiculous.
I have not suggested that, i'm just interested in peoples views on the subject. I know not all muslims are terrorists, and that some are happy to live peacefully with others.
Hyperlithe wrote:Mohammed's teachings actually say that Muslims, Christians and Jews are all brothers, as they all believe in the same God. That's why they're all considered People of the Book. The only difference is the prophet they follow.....
Early teachings of mohammad are peaceful and accepting because he had many enemies, and as one starting a new religion wanted as many followers as possible, so a peaceful religion is a welcomed religion. His later teachings are more of domination and hostility, he had said that all verses of the quran that are contradicted at a later date, have been changed for a greater cause. The quran is sorted into an order going by the size of the verses not by the date they were written. therefore you end up with more peaceful verses both at the begining and end, but if it were written in date order it would give a clearer picture.

Don't judge Islam by the Muslims that you know, and don't judge the Muslims that you know by Islam
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Personally I would have thought the army would make the screening process on Muslims allot more intense, as well as training them out in Afghanistan, I'm sure every one heard the case of one of the Afghan police shooting a tent full of paras, it would probably be incredibly easy for a muslim or really any one related to their home country in war to do that in a training place sutch as Catterick, even if he managed to kill 4 people whilst on the shooting range, it would be a success in their eyes.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Stacka83

Post by Stacka83 »

Any think that all religion is about installing fear into a society to maintain power?
Application sent : On route
Psychometric Test : 13/12/2007 - Passed
Eye Test : 13/12/2007 - Passed
Interview: 09/01/2008 - Passed
Medical: 10/01/2008 - Passed
RMAD - 22/01/2008
PJFT: 19/01/2008 - Passed - 9.32
PRMC: 31/03/2008
RT : Failed
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

jstagg wrote:Personally I would have thought the army would make the screening process on Muslims allot more intense, as well as training them out in Afghanistan, I'm sure every one heard the case of one of the Afghan police shooting a tent full of paras, it would probably be incredibly easy for a muslim or really any one related to their home country in war to do that in a training place sutch as Catterick, even if he managed to kill 4 people whilst on the shooting range, it would be a success in their eyes.
Or how about the Police/fire service/NHS/tax office/govt employ of any kind???

Terrorism is about instilling fear in a community to freeze the normal day to day living of the people.

Please tell me how we screen Muslims joining up???

Q. Are you a Muslim??
A. No Sir Im christian

Ok fella in you come then pal???? get real
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Yes I'm well aware of the other services, as for the screening process I have no idea, I'm pretty sure some politician will find an even less half assed way to do it thou MSI64 ;)
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

What Im saying is how the hell do we screen Muslims???

Why not screen for Gays, fanatical jews, animal rights activist, white power crazys????

You are going to alienate a whole community just on the off chance someone might be crazy enough to go through up to six months of application then 14 weeks of basic training??? or at least three weeks before they get hold of a weapon?

Any recruit could potentially be a risk on the range doesnt matter what religion.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

MSI64 wrote: Why not screen for..... white power crazys????

They do, You cant get into the forces if you have a swastika tattoo.

While were on the topic of what we can and cant do:

You cant wear a cross at work, but you can wear an intimidating veil.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cross.html
You cant teach british history because it offends muslims
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... slims.html
We have lost our freedom of speech, but muslims can say whatever they want
http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/024808.php
This last one is just for those who say its only a few muslims who want to kill us. This recent poll shows that at least a 3rd of muslims at uni say that to kill for their religion is justified.
http://keeptonyblairforpm.wordpress.com ... ut-tahrir/

It amazes me that people choose not to see what is right under their noses.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

_Mark_ wrote:
MSI64 wrote: Why not screen for..... white power crazys????

They do, You cant get into the forces if you have a swastika tattoo.

While were on the topic of what we can and cant do:

You cant wear a cross at work, but you can wear an intimidating veil.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cross.html
You cant teach british history because it offends muslims
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... slims.html
We have lost our freedom of speech, but muslims can say whatever they want
http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/024808.php
This last one is just for those who say its only a few muslims who want to kill us. This recent poll shows that at least a 3rd of muslims at uni say that to kill for their religion is justified.
http://keeptonyblairforpm.wordpress.com ... ut-tahrir/

It amazes me that people choose not to see what is right under their noses.
Not one of those Items relates to Muslims complaining or making the rules, its the White middle class.

And as for students Come on they will say anything there students (meat is murder, fur is bad and so on)
(Its 32% 4% to preserve the religion and 28% if the religion is under attack)
Please tell me your not running around panicking that every muslim wants to kill you?
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

MSI64 wrote:Please tell me your not running around panicking that every muslim wants to kill you?
I wouldnt get too far when i go to afgan, with the ANA alongside if i was. I'd end up flapping so much i'd take off.

Like i've said a number of times, it's not all muslims.

Maybe this video will give you a clearer picture of my views on the subject.

http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/27minversion.php