Share This Page:

muslims in the military

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Would we further have to screen muslims into are you Sunni or Shia??

Most fanatics in the pit are not iraqi by the way, saudis, egyptian, Brits, Syrians, all driven by the great giver of faith....cash, followed by the equally intoleratant belief that they will get their leg over if then detonate a VBIED and take a Hank out with them....excuse the kids and women who tend to hit 1000 degress C for a few moments before finding themselves part of the BIAP road tarmac features.

The war on terror isnt a war against islam, nor is it islam waging a war on us, its loo loo la la's who just so happen to be using their religion as an excuse to kick off. Equally intolerant in my belief is the bearded southern american idiots who have tshirts claiming they are pork eating crusaders (yes you do get them and they are for sale, usually by non pork eating muslims trying to meet a market demand and earn a living!)

So lets take religion out of this as its only an excuse and has no real foundation, and allow any man to chose a side and fight for it. Muslims in the brit army, no problem in my eyes, there are after all christian terrorists too. Yep you bet, in Baggers there are cross bearing towel heads taking shots at us, why? Becaue the other major influence in global terror is the fact you can hide large organised crime into it. Alot of contacts are people robbing not trying to slot someone for a rward of virgins and a beard trim.

The Taliban want afghan because it gave them power in a region prior to 911 that no one gave a hoot about, add in 911 and KBR and everyone is fighting everyone else. At least afghan is oil generated as Iraq is.

When CF leave Iraq the iraqis will start beating the shite out of each other, its brewing up nicely, and as soon as the last danner boot leaves iraq all that is holy will exit stage left and the mother of all internal mass killings will kick off. Saddam kept the buggers in line, even the average iraqi agrees that, but they will also realise in the same breath hes speaking to a white eye with a glock and a M4 and they add that things are soooo much better now that saddam has gone!

So take religion out of the equation and the original question posted bears no answer based on religious aspects. Its about everyone deciding which side of the fence to pick up a gun on, based on wether they are idiotic murdering barstards or decent folk trying to bring some peace.

And before some coont says us contractors are out there for the $$$ then you are farking a1 correct is because fo the $$$$, but I dont take cash to kill, I take it to protect. Which is better, ahmed from brum who isnt old enough to shave taking cash to kill me or me taking cash to help protect the iraqi people and rebuild the place??? I dont go around baggers killing people.

The last VBIED at cp 3 killed dozens, it was a woman who lit up a bus full of people. Earlier in the day some "muslim" extremists sent a downs syndrome teenager into a market area with enough c4 strapped to him to do a decent job and once he was sat there wondering what the fark, they dialed his mbile and he went up taking others with him. Poor farker! It really grips my shit!

So fark this muslim bashing shite, its cowards who like to kill we should stop froming joining up, not people who want to help out whatever their religious outlook on life....after all Im a druid and I dont go around killing english people.........................whatever I wish for :lol:
pankaye

Post by pankaye »

_Mark_ wrote:
MSI64 wrote: Why not screen for..... white power crazys????

They do, You cant get into the forces if you have a swastika tattoo.

While were on the topic of what we can and cant do:

You cant wear a cross at work, but you can wear an intimidating veil.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cross.html
You cant teach British history because it offends Muslims
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... slims.html
We have lost our freedom of speech, but Muslims can say whatever they want
http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/024808.php
This last one is just for those who say its only a few Muslims who want to kill us. This recent poll shows that at least a 3rd of Muslims at uni say that to kill for their religion is justified.
http://keeptonyblairforpm.wordpress.com ... ut-tahrir/

It amazes me that people choose not to see what is right under their noses.
wow you are full of knowledge. during the Troubles i am sure some Irish Catholics would also have killed for their religion
its obvious you don't know the first thing about religion. if you are a Muslim woman you are REQUIRED to were a Hijab to be a considered a good Muslim. I am a christian but i struggle to find any christian denomination that requires it members to wear crosses.
BARB Test: 60
Interviews: Passed
Medical: Cleared
ADSC: 05/03/09 deferred
ADSC 2: 26/03/09 passed
Regiment: PWRR
ITC Catterick Intake : 12 July
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Actually that part of the Qur'an (like most of it to be fair!) is entirely open to interpretation.
And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, [a list of relatives], [household servants], or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.
(The arabic word translated here as veils literally means a type of cloth that covers the head. )

The covering of women's faces was a regional tradition in various regions into which Islam spread, and was integrated by some Muslims into their faith. It was not part of Mohammad's original teachings, but a later addition. In many Muslim countries (Saudi Arabia for example) women are forbidden to cover their faces.

Did you know that Muslim men are not allowed to wear gold jewellery?
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
maunder123

Post by maunder123 »

hey, just to say that video was very interesting and obviously there is a problem but this problem does not include everyone.

what you are implying is that all Muslims are "secret agents" or something along these lines, this is not true at all...

The mod do a extensive screening if you have any relatives living in the east or abroad. They check details and check all links possible.

Only reason i know this is that i asked my careers adviser at the careers office, perhaps if you wanted to know the answer you could have asked there.
B.a.r.b - passed - 68
Medical - in process
Basic Skills - 28th january
regiment choice - reme
trade - vehicle mechanic
-------------------------------------------
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

pankaye wrote:wow you are full of knowledge. during the Troubles i am sure some Irish Catholics would also have killed for their religion
Anyone who believes they must "kill" for their religion is misguided, if they are not misguided, and their religion promotes killing, then their religion should not be tolerated.

In my opinion there is killing and murder, two very different things.

Murder is where someone kills another person for their own selfish reasons.

Killing in self defence or self presevation, in 'most' circumstances, i believe is justified.
pankaye wrote:its obvious you don't know the first thing about religion. if you are a Muslim woman you are REQUIRED to were a Hijab to be a considered a good Muslim.
Before telling me i know nothing about religion, maybe you should try researching your comments to make sure you have got it right.
While modesty is a religious prescription, the wearing of a veil is not a religious requirement of Islam, but a matter of cultural milieu
Quoted from http://www.islamfortoday.com/syed01.htm
Written by Dr Ibrahim B Syed, Phd
pankaye wrote:I am a christian but i struggle to find any christian denomination that requires it members to wear crosses.
I would stop searching mate, i doubt you will find one.

If someone wants to wear something because they feel it encourages them, or feel their God will appreciate it then let them.

But dont let one and not another.

In the High St where i come from, it is a public order offence to wear a baseball cap and a hooded top (with the hood up over the cap), because the cctv cannot see them. However it is not a public order offence to wear a veil.

Again no problem with anyone genuinely wearing a veil for religious purposes, but let other people wear their hoodies.

Some people might argue that the muslims themselves did not make these rules, which is true, but, people of the religion of islam will cause a scene, riot, burn flags, threaten to kill etc, if anyone dares in the slightest way insult their religion.
Therefore terrorising the government, law officials and councils into protecting their every belief.

You may have seen recently in the news that the politician Greet Wielders wa refused entry into the UK to show his short film on Islam. It was deemed offensive and may threaten national security.

You may also be aware of the play and film called 'Corpus Christy' (the body of christ) in which it depicts Christ as a homosexual. This play and film is allowed to be shown in the UK despite thousands of complaints.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4085023.stm

It's one rule for Islam and another for the rest of the UK.
Madmick

Post by Madmick »

Wouldn't let them join the Naafi queue !!!
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

pankaye wrote:if you are a Muslim woman
I forgot to say.... I'm not :wink:
terryrat

Post by terryrat »

Tab wrote:Was there a ban on the Irish joining the military during the troubles and bombing in the north
...there was no ban in force plenty of irish lads went over the water
THE BERET OF THE ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO, He who wear's it does so with pride. He who doesn't has no f@*king concept of how hard it is to attain!
pankaye

Post by pankaye »

_Mark_ wrote:
pankaye wrote:wow you are full of knowledge. during the Troubles i am sure some Irish Catholics would also have killed for their religion
Anyone who believes they must "kill" for their religion is misguided, if they are not misguided, and their religion promotes killing, then their religion should not be tolerated.

In my opinion there is killing and murder, two very different things.

Murder is where someone kills another person for their own selfish reasons.

Killing in self defence or self presevation, in 'most' circumstances, i believe is justified.
pankaye wrote:its obvious you don't know the first thing about religion. if you are a Muslim woman you are REQUIRED to were a Hijab to be a considered a good Muslim.
Before telling me i know nothing about religion, maybe you should try researching your comments to make sure you have got it right.
While modesty is a religious prescription, the wearing of a veil is not a religious requirement of Islam, but a matter of cultural milieu
Quoted from http://www.islamfortoday.com/syed01.htm
Written by Dr Ibrahim B Syed, Phd
pankaye wrote:I am a christian but i struggle to find any christian denomination that requires it members to wear crosses.
I would stop searching mate, i doubt you will find one.

If someone wants to wear something because they feel it encourages them, or feel their God will appreciate it then let them.

But dont let one and not another.

In the High St where i come from, it is a public order offence to wear a baseball cap and a hooded top (with the hood up over the cap), because the cctv cannot see them. However it is not a public order offence to wear a veil.

Again no problem with anyone genuinely wearing a veil for religious purposes, but let other people wear their hoodies.

Some people might argue that the muslims themselves did not make these rules, which is true, but, people of the religion of islam will cause a scene, riot, burn flags, threaten to kill etc, if anyone dares in the slightest way insult their religion.
Therefore terrorising the government, law officials and councils into protecting their every belief.

You may have seen recently in the news that the politician Greet Wielders wa refused entry into the UK to show his short film on Islam. It was deemed offensive and may threaten national security.

You may also be aware of the play and film called 'Corpus Christy' (the body of christ) in which it depicts Christ as a homosexual. This play and film is allowed to be shown in the UK despite thousands of complaints.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4085023.stm

It's one rule for Islam and another for the rest of the UK.
You make a fair point, mark but my point is please don't blame Muslims for this society's double standards. As to the wearing of veils and hijab as you have rightly pointed out its just a matter of interpretation. Some christian interpretation of the bible prevent them from receiving blood transfusion even if it is a matter of life and death for instance. Should they be forced to receive blood transfusion in a life threatening situation??

But I am confused about your point about murder and killing.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

pankaye wrote:But I am confused about your point about murder and killing.
I found this leaflet written by Maj Gen Revd Ian Durie CBE,

There is a part on page 6 about killing and murder
http://www.afcu.org.uk/docs/200_christi ... r(PDF).pdf <-|
Include the pdf bits---------------------------------------------------------------|

There are also points on being a christian and being in the forces if you are interested.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

pankaye wrote:Some christian interpretation of the bible prevent them from receiving blood transfusion even if it is a matter of life and death for instance. Should they be forced to receive blood transfusion in a life threatening situation??
Thats Jehovas witnesses, not Christians.

And no I dont think they should be forced to if they dont want to.
pankaye

Post by pankaye »

_Mark_ wrote:
pankaye wrote:Some christian interpretation of the bible prevent them from receiving blood transfusion even if it is a matter of life and death for instance. Should they be forced to receive blood transfusion in a life threatening situation??
Thats Jehovas witnesses, not Christians.

And no I dont think they should be forced to if they don't want to.
who says Jehovah witnesses are not Christians? they just follow a different interpretation of the bible just like Islamic extremist follow a different interpretation of the Koran.
pankaye

Post by pankaye »

_Mark_ wrote:
pankaye wrote:But I am confused about your point about murder and killing.
I found this leaflet written by Maj Gen Revd Ian Durie CBE,

There is a part on page 6 about killing and murder
http://www.afcu.org.uk/docs/200_christi ... r(PDF).pdf <-|
Include the pdf bits---------------------------------------------------------------|

There are also points on being a christian and being in the forces if you are interested.
I do understand what you mean by murder and killing. But if someone thinks killing in the name of religion is right it can have many more interpretations than just killing people who don't belong to your religion.
maunder123

Post by maunder123 »

pankaye wrote: who says Jehovah witnesses are not Christians? they just follow a different interpretation of the bible just like Islamic extremist follow a different interpretation of the Koran.

Most religions follow the same stepping stones.
B.a.r.b - passed - 68
Medical - in process
Basic Skills - 28th january
regiment choice - reme
trade - vehicle mechanic
-------------------------------------------
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

pankaye wrote:who says Jehovah witnesses are not Christians? they just follow a different interpretation of the bible.
Not at all, the different interpretation of the Bible is not the Bible it is a man altered version, rendering it not of God from a the Christian God point of view.
The reason i say this is because it states in the Bible
Galatians 1:6-9 (New King James Version)

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
Revelation 22:18-19 (New King James Version)

A Warning

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

J.w's Dont believe in the Trinity of God which is clearly taught in the Bible,

They reject the Holy Spirit being a living part of God but say it is just a force. Whereas the Christian Bible teaches He is a living being.

They say that Jesus was created by God where as, Christianity teaches how He is a part of God, 'His Son' and part of the Trinity of God.

J.w's belive that you have another chance after you die to 'redeem' yourself. The Bible teaches that we will be judged on this life. Resulting in Heaven or Hell. Once in Hell there is no second chance.

These are KEY point's to what Christ taught, if someone who is a christian is mislead into believing that they get another another go at things if they screw up, then why should they bother now? they may as well just do whatever they want now, and there will be no consequences... Christ taught that we are answerable for everything we do and even the things we think in this life.

Rejecting the Holy spirit as a living part of God is another Key problem, from a Christian point of view.

A.W Tozer wrote
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON. He is not enthusiasm. He is not courage. He is not energy. He is not the personification of all good qualities, like Jack Frost is the personification of cold weather. Actually, the Holy Spirit is not the personification of anything...... He has individuality. He is one being and not another. He has will and intelligence. He has hearing. He has knowledge and sympathy and ability to love and see and think. He can hear, speak, desire, grieve and rejoice. He is a Person."
------ A. W. Tozer,
Christians believe Christ is the Son of God, a Part of God, and a Part of the Trinity of God. He is God.
If the J.w's teach that God created Him, that makes him no different from you and me and would mean he was just another prophet. And just another man.
pankaye wrote:But if someone thinks killing in the name of religion is right it can have many more interpretations than just killing people who don't belong to your religion.
Yes, I agree, but what are you relating it to? I dont get it.