Share This Page:

What's your opinion now Obama is president?

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Suzanne

What's your opinion now Obama is president?

Post by Suzanne »

What's everyone's opinion now Obama is President?

Suzanne
owdun

Post by owdun »

Give him a couple of years at most,then there will be an assassination attempt.If they could do for the Kennedy's,what chance has this boy??

Owdun. :evil:
Paddysprat

Post by Paddysprat »

My left testical has a higher IQ than the current President so I welcome Obama with open arms. However, I'll make sure I'm stood a good 200 yards away from him just incase those rascaly 'white power' groups decide to visit him.

Seriosly though, he's already an improvment on 'W', his winning speach was totally understandable. Good luck to him is what I say......said the same about Blair in '97 though.......good start with NI then things started going tits up :o
'Paddysprat' a phrase used when explaining the origins of an 'Army Brats' accent.
terryrat

Post by terryrat »

Not surprisigly the assasination quote has been thrown at me quite a few times today ....three ex service work with me they were in the same mind ....I mean do they really think hes going to make sweeping changes that will make the world a better place ..cloud cuckoo here me thinks... arabs and certain russian groups hold power in the world and well we know how stable they are .......... :(
THE BERET OF THE ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO, He who wear's it does so with pride. He who doesn't has no f@*king concept of how hard it is to attain!
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

I'm getting a bit narked with all the fuss about him being black.
Who cares what colour he is? It should be his policies that count!
(After how many generations does an African-American or an Irish-American become just an American by the way? This seems to be something only the Americans do.)
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
terryrat

Post by terryrat »

Dont care what colour he is can be green, red or pink ...hes still not going to alter the world situations :cry:
THE BERET OF THE ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO, He who wear's it does so with pride. He who doesn't has no f@*king concept of how hard it is to attain!
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

I'm getting a bit narked with all the fuss about him being black.
Me too. Both Obama and Hamilton are as much white as they are black.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Just my two cents.

Barak Obama is a single term junior senator with no believable political history.
He claims to be from the south side of Chicago but in fact is from the upper class west side.
He has been involved in several rather dodgy financial deals(Bill Clinton anyone?)And is now about to hire an ex Clinton member of staff as his chief executive.
This guy will swing waaaaaay left just as Hilary would have done had she had the chance.
Hopefully Baltimore PD will arrest him as he drives to work in January 8)
(Some are not going to understand that remark)

Did I mention I voted for the other guy? :P

Seriously,I believe an assassination attempt is quite possible.
Hopefully the Secret Service will remain on their toes.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

I personally think you have at least wait for the guy to be President for more than a couple of days before you can actually create an informed opinion of him. After all what people say they will or wont do during an election campaign rarely lasts once they're in office.

It's actions not words which will prove if he's a good leader or not.

Although I will say that the media are really annoying me the way they're making such a fuss over him being black. The papers are still full of it today talking about how it's changed the world when, personally, I don't think the rest of the world is that bothered about his skin colour we're all just breathing a sigh of relief he's not George Bush/Dick Cheney!

As for any dodgy dealings, well he's a politician and you don't get many of them who don't have at least one or two rumours about them! Let's face it Bush/Cheney and their ilk were up to their eye balls in all kind of stuff so compared to them Obama is squeaky clean.

He seems like a decent guy who's pretty inclusive and doesn't ever seem to come across as if he's only out to help just the black community. My initial thoughts are that he'll be a decent President but like I said, it'll be his actions over the next 4 years that will prove if that belief is right or not.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

None of the Americans stationed with us at the moment voted for him. (That I've spoken to recently anyway)
One of them likened the choice of candidates to having to choose between going on a run for 3 hours, or going on a run for an hour, but with people throwing sh*t at you.
Their words, not mine, but I understand the sentiment. It pretty much sums up how I feel about Brown vs. Cameron, only I haven't yet decided which one's which...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
df2inaus

Barack Obama

Post by df2inaus »

I wish Barack Obama well, he's inherited a challenging situation.

Out of the two candidates, he is the better, but I'd never vote for him. Not because I distrust all politicians, I just support right-wing candidates. As we discovered Tuesday night there are lots of swing voters who have no party loyalty and they decide elections.

Four years from now America will still defend its interests abroad, there will be no national health plan and millions of black people will still be poor.

Agreed with Wholley, Barack's not as black as he claims to be. However, there's about 40 million black Americans who walk with a spring in their step this week.

It could be worse, it could have been another Clinton!
"Poor Ike, it won't be a bit like the Army. He'll find it very frustrating. He'll sit here and he'll say, 'Do this! Do that!' And nothing will happen."
Harry Truman
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

The thing I thought was most interesting about the election was how it highlighted, yet again, the variation between the electoral college vote and the popular vote. The first made it look like a landslide for Obama yet the second showed there was only actually 3% between Obama and McCain. It's obvious that the election didn't quite unite all Americans as a lot of the media claims.

One things for certain, it's going to be a VERY tough first term in office. I certainly wouldn't want to be inheriting all these problems, he may end up wishing he'd waited until 2012 before long! :lol:
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

Alfa wrote:The thing I thought was most interesting about the election was how it highlighted, yet again, the variation between the electoral college vote and the popular vote. The first made it look like a landslide for Obama yet the second showed there was only actually 3% between Obama and McCain. It's obvious that the election didn't quite unite all Americans as a lot of the media claims.

One things for certain, it's going to be a VERY tough first term in office. I certainly wouldn't want to be inheriting all these problems, he may end up wishing he'd waited until 2012 before long! :lol:
But because it's going to be such an arduous task and if he pulls it off, the rewards will far outway the hard work and he'd go down in history.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

jabcrosshook wrote:But because it's going to be such an arduous task and if he pulls it off, the rewards will far outway the hard work and he'd go down in history.
Yes, you're right but the unfortunate flip side of that is, if millions start to loose their jobs because there is no viable way out of a deep recession then he could be remembered as one of the worst Presidents in history and through no fault of his own. People always blame the man in charge at the time so it'll be Obama who gets all the blame for not sorting it rather than those who caused the problems in the first place.
Tab

Post by Tab »

At least he can string a speech together, as far as the rest goes I will wait and see what happens