Share This Page:

Political Affairs

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Sisyphus

Political Affairs

Post by Sisyphus »

Well, it is the title of the thread :-?

Am I the only one to be completely %*&^%$£"%^&** [make up your own word or phrase] with politicians in the UK?

I was made up when Mad Maggie's lot got the push. Sleaze, corruption, absolute dishonesty. TB [not the disease -hang on! maybe he is the disease :( ] made a decent start - as did MT - but everything's turned pear-shaped.

Labour now spend their entire time thinking up new ways of taxation. They've presided over an obscene increase in council taxes. There is a relentless and inexorable attempt to increase taxes by whatever means possible. Let's tax rubbish bins! [Duh! :o Fly tipping???] They're usually under the pretext of the environment or some other 'altruistic' banner. Remember a few years ago the farcical proposal to 'stimulate movement in the housing market' BY TAXING THE SELLER ON CAPITAL GAINS :roll: Can anyone remember an even dafter one?????

How Gordon Brown's eyes must be twinkling today. The government appointed advisor tells us climate change is a huge problem. Wow! what an excuse to increase revenue through taxes!!!! Of course, if they were really serious about it they could take all sorts of practical measures to help make a difference. e.g ration fuel; prohibit import of basic foodstuffs , such as apples, from halfway round the world; require manufacturers to limit the amount of packaging; ban unsolicited junk mail. All little things but together they'd make a difference.

It won't happen because all of them would reduce Gordon's tax intake.

And, anyway, climate change isn't THE big problem. That issue is highly debatable. What can't be challenged is that we're using non-renewable resources from the earth's crust at a far greater rate than they can be replaced [OK, slap me down! :roll: You're right, they're non-renewable so they can never be replaced :evil: :o :evil: ]

Ah well, sorry about that folks. You'll have noticed I've had a few scoops - and it's only 1930hrs! :o

Sorry if I've intruded - but just to say I've written to my MP on the same lines. He's in a Labour stronghold so he'll still have a job - but hopefully in opposition. Mind you as they're all tw*ts it doesn't matter who gets in next! :roll:

Shock horror: General Dennatt spoke his mind. The media tell us it's only one short step to a military coup. Sounds about right to me!

Oh, I've also written to Colgate Man - but that was about Iraq so it's another story. Sorry.... another rant! :-?
Artist

Post by Artist »

Rock Pusher

The whole bloody lot of them are nought but a bunch of two faced self preserving arsewipes!!! :evil: :evil:

Personally I reckon they should be forced to have a lie detector test before they are even considered for a chance to run for Parliment.

I never had time for Tony Benns politics but at least he stuck to his guns and was basically as honest as the day was long. Ditto his mate (and they were mates) Enoch Powell another man with honesty running though him like blackpool rock.

These days I just look at all of them gobbing off and lying though their back teeth without even breaking into a sweat and really do wonder if a Military Coup might be the answer.

Artist
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Art'

I always knew you were a man of sobriety and impeccable judgement!

You're blob on. Whatever you thought of Tony Benn's opinions you could always trust that he said what he thought and he thought what he said.

He was the exact political opposite of Enoch Powell but both of them said what they believed. A rare -NO - a completely unheard of personal honesty and commitment with today's politicians.

Will what I say get me elected next time round???? :evil:

You don't need to wonder if a Military Coup might be the answer. I just can't see any alternative!

Mind you, I don't want Capt Bennet (Adj at Deal in '65 in charge)

RAM Seeger; Jim Goldsworthy - OK. Dave Pennefather - well, OK. He never inspired me but he had his heart in the right place.

Any of the above - and many more - stand so much higher than most of the political worthies we see in our faces every day on television :evil:
owdun

Post by owdun »

How about the fat bastard known as deputy leader, Bliar is using him to get his own back on Brown and his cohorts. He sends the fat,stupid,pig ignorant piece of shit as our representative in the Far East discussions on North Korea.Most people here cannot understand his attempts to speak English, the wogs have no chance. Brown portrays himself as a man of the people.He has robbed us blind since day one, starting with pension funds, and moving on to every aspect of life in these islands.
Remember the Poll tax riots,where are the rioters now? we all take the shit lying down, and now its too late to do anything about it, the damage is too great.

Owdun. :evil:
Artist

Post by Artist »

Do you mean Prescott the B'liar Witches tame mascot Frank?

Fat lump of fecking lard that he is!! I really felt sorry for that bint he bonked. I bet she insisted on going on top otherwise she'd have been crushed to death by the FLUB! (Fat Lazy Useless Bastard).

Brown needs a damn good smack in the knackers with his talk of us all needing to be Prudent. As for Hoon the fecking Loon!!!! Nar there all as bad as each other and all dead keen to keep their cushy lifestyle regardless of the cost.

Yep I don't like or trust our glorious leaders people. General Dennatt who told it like it is, was to me at least a breath of fresh air after Quasimodos twin brother Wacko Jacko's government advised total bullshit.

Bet he's sat on his arse in the house of Lords come this time next year.......on the Labour side of the house.

Artist
johnty

Post by johnty »

we need a king who is willing to kill (or deport) all people who oppose him, a king who wants britain to be the super power of the world and will make every yob in britain join the forces. with our military training (best in the world...fact) we can build a huge army, destroy america and then deport tony blair and all the other t**ts into it.

I feel that this is the best solution. And then just stick with ourselves and not get dragged into things.
got1

Post by got1 »

johnty,
I see your into little ponies and cats and dogs.!!!!!mmmmmm. :o