Share This Page:

Kerry Concedes

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Wholley

Kerry Concedes

Post by Wholley »

This just in.
At 11.07 local today Senator Kerry conceded defeat in a phone call to the president.
Source.AP.
Can't wait for snyder to wake up,he's going to shit.
Bush won by over three million popular votes and obvoiusly the Electoral College,the highest since 1988. :)
Wholley.

Post by Guest »

oh well....better the devil you know and all that
Mrs. Frank S.

Re: Kerry Concedes

Post by Mrs. Frank S. »

wholley wrote:Can't wait for snyder to wake up,he's going to shit.
Since I voted for Kerry, I'll have to settle for that as a consolation prize. :o
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Hi Julie,
Sorry didn't mean to gloat.
Still if snyder does shit or even better just slings his hook,
I know ya'll will be happy.
Paul.
Mrs. Frank S.

Post by Mrs. Frank S. »

It's ok Paul, I didn't mind you gloating a bit, especially after all the crud that Snyder dished out. :D

For me, it's simple. I voted my consience and my candidate lost. Life goes on. I'm not gonna cry about it.

Hmmmm I wonder if Snyder has the guts to put in an appearance or will he just disappear for a while?

Julie
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

It wasn't quite the landslide I predicted a few months ago, but it's still a significant victory.
I think a lot of people feel relieved that there won't be a dragged out fight over a recount this time around. Seems to me Snyder in particular demonstrated what is wrong with many Democrats nowadays, personalizing the debate with name calling of the opposing candidate and being unable to see the forest for the trees.
There are likely many people from both sides who actually hope to see changes in this administration and possibly a change in direction. I think they're mistaken: Bush will see this as a vindication at the very least. So we can in fact expect more of the same.

The Republican party strengthened its hold on all three branches of government. In the next four years, it's also quite possible that up to 4 seats on the Supreme Court open up and more conservative justices will take those seats.

Now, my personal feeling is this: whether Americans realize it or not, yesterday's vote constitutes a letter of hostile intent to the rest of the world.
This is not a gloom and doom prediction of Armaggedon. However, we'll soon see what happens once we go into Fallujah, what happens as we near Iraqi elections in January. I do think it entirely possible that Bush may be tempted to launch a naval blockade of Iran followed by an air campaign, even though we do not have the troops to put on the ground. We'll see.

Finally, I also give the president only a 50/50 chance to complete his second term.
lew

Post by lew »

The next four years will be..................... ummmm.......... interesting then.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Hey Frank,
A lot of your last I agree with.
It IS a notice of hostile intent to the rest of the world.
But it's coming from the American people and not directly from the president.
I think a lot of the US is pissed at Europes interference in American affairs.
This is obviously reflected in the result.
Kerry can now fly from Baltimore to LAX without flying over a single state he won.Thats the strength of middle America that the elitists will never understand.The Democrats are claiming that we are now a country divided.
BOLLOX.Bush won 29 states,Kerry 19 with two yet to declare,sounds like quite a majority to me.
I'm just now listening to Edwards drivel about continuing the fight.
With what?he doesn't have a job although Kerry is going to go straight back to the Senate where he will keep drawing his salary for missing most of the votes.
I guess Edwards will have to go back to chasing ambulances and driving up our healthcare costs by sueing hospital systems and individual doctors
for his own financial gain.
Oh well,nothing new there.
Paul. :o
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

wholley wrote:
Yep, that's what I meant, although the president and his administration are in sync with much of the country when it comes to hostility not just towards Europe but mostly towards the lower hemisphere.

Edwards, Kerry's running mate, is basically finished now as is often the case in political races.
But in fact I do think the country is divided. Sure it doesn't look like much on the red and blue map: both coasts and some bit in the upper midwest, but it goes deeper than that. Running deficits while talking down the US dollar is just one example of difference of opinion between many conservatives and this administration.
In turn, this trend clashes with foreign countries holding US dollars adversely. Americans may not like foreign interference, understandably, but it does discount foreign ownership of US debts, companies and currency which has been growing in the past four years.
Frank S.

Re: Kerry Concedes

Post by Frank S. »

wholley wrote: Can't wait for snyder to wake up,he's going to shit.
Just for you, Paul:

Snyder, November 3rd 2004.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :o
Archie

Post by Archie »

It's a failing of democracy when 48% of the votes are against the winner.

If you were choosing a new car and nearly half of the reports said it was below expectations would you you still buy it?

I don't want to start a war here, especially with our American members, I simply want to air my feelings that the system is obiously wrong when a relative handfull of votes determine the outcome of an election.

Proportional representation in some workable form would be a much more democratic method.
Archie.

"If there is a better way......find it!" (Thomas Alva Edison)
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Archie,
The US is not a democracy,rather a confederation of states better known as a republic.Proportional representation would allow the more populus states to simply bully the lesser.Which is why we also have the Electoral College,without which Kerry would have lost even more badly than he did.
As it is he won only 19 states compared to Bush's 29 which by my reckoning actually makes Bush the winner by an almost two thirds majority if you apply proportionality.
This election was a disaster for the democrats as a party not just for Kerry.They lost more seats in congress and also their senior member in the senate.
With a popular margin of 3.5 million or more Bush can pretty much do what he likes.I just hope he dosen't. :o
Wholley.
Archie

Post by Archie »

fair and interesting comment,
Archie.

"If there is a better way......find it!" (Thomas Alva Edison)
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Frank S. wrote:
wholley wrote:
Running deficits while talking down the US dollar is just one example of difference of opinion between many conservatives and this administration..
Agree again,but wars do tend to get expensive after a while particularly when your picking up the tab for your allies support too.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Archie wrote:fair and interesting comment,
How did you know I was fair and interesting? :P
I am of course,
Wholley. 8)