Share This Page:

Lance Corporal Richard Larkin

Book of Condolences & Obituaries - Express your sympathy, lest we forget.
SO19

Post by SO19 »

Corporal Sarah Bryant, Corporal Sean Reeve, Lance Corporal Richard Larkin and Paul Stout killed in Afghanistan
A Military Operations news article

19 Jun 08

It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence must confirm the deaths of Corporal Sarah Bryant of the Intelligence Corps, Corporal Sean Robert Reeve of the Royal Signals, Lance Corporal Richard Larkin and Paul Stout in Afghanistan on Tuesday 17 June 2008.

All four soldiers were tragically killed while taking part in a deliberate operation east of Lashkar Gah when the vehicle in which they were travelling was caught in an explosion at approximately 1540hrs. Another soldier was wounded in the incident and is receiving treatment for his wounds at the UK Field Hospital at Camp Bastion. He is in a stable condition.

Statement from the family of Lance Corporal Richard Larkin, aged 39:

"Lance Corporal Richard Larkin was a beloved husband, father, son and brother whose tragic and untimely death will be deeply mourned by his family, friends and colleagues. We request that the media leave us to grieve in peace and respect our privacy at this very difficult time."

Defence Secretary Des Browne said:

"I was incredibly saddened to hear of the tragic losses of the past two weeks, most recently that of Corporal Sarah Bryant, Lance Corporal Richard Larkin, Corporal Sean Reeve and Paul Stout, who lost their lives on Tuesday.

"All four were immensely dedicated and professional service personnel and my sincere and deepest condolences go out to all of their family and loved ones. I cannot comprehend the pain they are going through. They have made the ultimate sacrifice, laying down their life alongside those of their comrades in pursuit of the aim of a peaceful and stable Afghanistan. We will ensure their losses were not in vain."
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Defen ... nistan.htm
Last edited by SO19 on Thu 19 Jun, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
SO19

Post by SO19 »

My deepest sympathies to all of Richard's family.

Rest in Peace Richard mate.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

RIP. Rest easy!
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Rest Easy Richard.
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

Rest well Richard - Thank you
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]