Share This Page:

WO2 Vince Hussell, Army Air Corps

Book of Condolences & Obituaries - Express your sympathy, lest we forget.
SO19

WO2 Vince Hussell, Army Air Corps

Post by SO19 »

Lt Mark Reynolds and WO2 Vince Hussell killed in helicopter training accident on Thursday 29 May
A Defence Policy and Business news article

31 May 08

It is with deep sadness that the ministry of Defence must confirm the death of Lieutenant Mark Reynolds of the Army Air Corps, and Warrant Officer Class 2 Vince Hussell of 2 (Training) Regiment Army Air Corps, Middle Wallop on Thursday 29 May 2008.

Lieutenant Reynolds was a student and Warrant Officer Hussell was his instructor on the Army Pilots’ Course at Middle Wallop.

They were flying on the final exercise of the course, that takes place in the South West of England. During one of their training sorties their aircraft crashed.

Their deaths come as an incredible shock to his friends and colleagues, and they will be deeply missed by their comrades at Middle Wallop and the wider Army Air Corps.

Warrant Officer Class 2 Vince Hussell

Warrant Officer Vince Hussell was a veteran pilot with over 2,000 hours experience. He was from Marton-le-Moor near Ripon. He was 36 years old and married with three sons.

He enlisted in 1989 and joined the Army Air Corps. He gained his Army Pilots’ Wings on 11 Dec 98 as a Corporal and gained his first operational experience in Northern Ireland.

He had served in Germany and UK and recently joined the Regiment as a Helicopter Instructor following two successful operational flying tours in Afghanistan where he flew the Apache Attack Helicopter. A keen footballer he gave up much of his free time at weekends training his local Under 8 year old football team.

Lt Col Mike Cubbin, Commanding Officer 2 Regiment Army Air Corps, said:

"We have sadly lost a great pilot. Vince was a quiet, private man who lived for his family, he was affectionately known as 'Happy Vince' to his colleagues in the Sergeants’ Mess.

"Recently promoted to Warrant Officer, he was a popular member of the team and we will miss him greatly. Our thoughts are with his friends and family."

WO2 Hussell’s widow, Liz Hussell said:

"This tragedy has come as a deep shock and devastating blow not only to us, his family, but to his wider family and friends. Vince was a loving husband and father devoted to his family."

The families have asked that they be allowed to grieve in peace.
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Defen ... y29May.htm
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
SO19

Post by SO19 »

My sincere condolences to Vince's wife & three boys.

Rest in Peace Vince.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Rest easy, Vince!
tom163

Post by tom163 »

R.I.P, Rest Easy.
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

My condolences - rest well
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]