Share This Page:

Lt Mark Reynolds, Army Air Corps

Book of Condolences & Obituaries - Express your sympathy, lest we forget.
SO19

Lt Mark Reynolds, Army Air Corps

Post by SO19 »

Lt Mark Reynolds and WO2 Vince Hussell killed in helicopter training accident on Thursday 29 May
A Defence Policy and Business news article

31 May 08

It is with deep sadness that the ministry of Defence must confirm the death of Lieutenant Mark Reynolds of the Army Air Corps, and Warrant Officer Class 2 Vince Hussell of 2 (Training) Regiment Army Air Corps, Middle Wallop on Thursday 29 May 2008.

Lieutenant Reynolds was a student and Warrant Officer Hussell was his instructor on the Army Pilots’ Course at Middle Wallop.

They were flying on the final exercise of the course, that takes place in the South West of England. During one of their training sorties their aircraft crashed.

Their deaths come as an incredible shock to his friends and colleagues, and they will be deeply missed by their comrades at Middle Wallop and the wider Army Air Corps.

Lieutenant Mark Reynolds

Lt Mark Reynolds was 24 years old and from Aslockton near Nottingham. He attended Ampleforth College where he was Head of School and graduated from the University of Durham where had studied Engineering.

On graduation from RMAS he completed an attachment to the 1st Queens Dragoon Guards as a Troop Leader, which included an Operational tour in Iraq on Op TELIC 8. He had keen sporting interests in Rugby, Tennis and Skiing.

Lt Col Mike Cubbin, Commanding Officer 2 Regiment Army Air Corps, said:

"Lieutenant Mark Reynolds was a bright and charming officer with a promising future. He was known for his dry wit, he kept the crew room entertained with his banter.

"He had been doing particularly well on this phase of his training and was looking forward to gaining his Army Pilots Wings, before converting onto the Gazelle helicopter. His long term ambition was to fly the Apache Attack Helicopter.

"He will be missed dearly and our thoughts are with his friends and family."

Lieutenant Reynolds family have release the following statement:

"We are all hugely proud of Mark; of the person he was and of everything he accomplished. We are absolutely devastated at his sudden death and can only take solace in the fact that he died doing exactly what he wanted to do, in achieving his boyhood dream as a pilot in the Army Air Corps.

"We are grateful for all the support and kind words we have received from family and friends and respectfully ask for peace and quiet to come to terms with this tragic loss of someone so dear to us."
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Defen ... y29May.htm
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
SO19

Post by SO19 »

My deepest sympathies to all his family.

Rest in Peace Mark.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Rest well, Mark. You've earned it!
tom163

Post by tom163 »

R.I.P mate.
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

My condolences .....
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]