Share This Page:

7 para RHA

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
MTPman

7 para RHA

Post by MTPman »

Are 7 para RHA classed as paras or parachute trained artillery soldiers?
nightmare80

Re: 7 para RHA

Post by nightmare80 »

Is this a real question or a wind up??
If its real, then no, 7 are not classed as "paras." and ive never met anyone from 7 who claims to be a para. They call themselves "airborne" and like to dress in no other colour but maroon, and annoy the shit out of real paras, but they're an airborne artillery regiment. Some good lads in there, but the regiment as a whole and the way it treats any soldier without a maroon lid.. pretty shocking. Did a tour with them. Would never want to join the regiment.
Tab

Post by Tab »

it 47 RA that is Parachute trained if I remember rightly
jase2506

Post by jase2506 »

47 RA are para trained but still airborne gunners. It's a slight more para oriented unit than any of the other attached arms. I.e. Your right up front with your DH3 kit, whereas you can't take your light gun or reme toolbox with you up front. Unfortunately we had a BC from 7 who was with us for two years and he brought the bad attitude from 7 with him and turned the Bty into a bunch of arseholes. I served in battery for a long time, an damaged my back on leapfest. An the way your treated is shocking an I'm fully badged up. But to answer your overall question. No 7 Rha are definitely not Paras. There not infantry trained soldiers and at last count only 48% were winged up. Whereas every para has done P company in all arms units u can still wear a Maroon beret without doing P company.

P.s. 21 AA Bty are no longer 47RA. We are 32RA now.