Share This Page:

How to get a posting to UK from Germany.

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
boii_cwm

How to get a posting to UK from Germany.

Post by boii_cwm »

I'm due my first child in May and want to be closer to home as being in Germany means I wouldnt be able to be home half as much as I would want or like!

I've only been in Germany as few months and havent been in the Army long, meaning that me being a 'lowly' soldier, would it be more likely that I'm more dispendable and they're more likely to allow me to change posting? Also, I'm unfamiliar with who to see about moving back to UK, would I start with troop staff, battery staff or welfare?

Much appreciated.
L.R
remewife01

Re: How to get a posting to UK from Germany.

Post by remewife01 »

Hiya,

My advice would be to speak to your boss first before going to Welfare. I can't really see a welfare issue in your case, to be honest. I know that's not what you want to hear, sorry :(

Being so new in the army would be a disadvantage on being sent home I would imagine as being away from home is something you will have to get used to and being posted so far from home on your first posting is pretty normal to aide getting used to being away from family and friends (in my experience anyway)

Alternative is get married and your wife can come to you :wink:

What part of Germany are you in? I'm over here to :D
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

remewife01 wrote:Hiya,

My advice would be to speak to your boss first before going to Welfare. I can't really see a welfare issue in your case, to be honest. I know that's not what you want to hear, sorry :(

Being so new in the army would be a disadvantage on being sent home I would imagine as being away from home is something you will have to get used to and being posted so far from home on your first posting is pretty normal to aide getting used to being away from family and friends (in my experience anyway)

Alternative is get married and your wife can come to you :wink:

What part of Germany are you in? I'm over here to :D
That's my post, I'd forgotten my password to my proper account.
Waiting for my rocket to come.
Tab

Post by Tab »

I would think the posting would depend on what unit you are serving with.