Share This Page:

Future Soldier.

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
AddzWilkinson

Post by AddzWilkinson »

Infantry for the win :D and you gotta be real fit for para with run time of 9.19 and mega push and sit up machine! i was bummed when i was 9 secounds of the run time at ADSC but then again im happy im PWRR a i got a few gr8 lads joining up with me :D so im good :D my dads family has had military in it for about 75 years so it just seems right tbh :D

woo some body can agree on something with me :D i feel so smart aha :D
i cant wait till i get it all on and give it test rung tho :D
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed Pirbright 3rd/4th December
Intake - 22nd March catterick
Choosen Regiment - Princes Of Wales Royal Regiment
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

i reckon that kit looks pretty decent but theres something about it makes me not so sure about whether it looks better than the one currently in use
BARB - Passed
Basic Skills - Complete
Reg Choice - The Duke Of Lancaster's
Role - Infantry
fodd

Post by fodd »

Lads when your posting on here please use correct english and grammer your not texting your mates!
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
AddzWilkinson

Post by AddzWilkinson »

ah sorry for the spelling.. i get like that when i write alot.. lol :)
i reckon the new kit looks better i like the colouring i think it looks awesome i can't wait to see the opertational out come off it :)
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

I think the helmets are new aswell, they look more like the American ones.
Don't pull face's, it means nothing to me I can't feel a thing. You must drive forward.

'The Paras 1982'
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

jstagg wrote:
Al_2 wrote:Looks top, is that a new version of the SA80 some of them are using?

No it's an sa80 with Weaver mounts for tactical grip, scope, sight, laser, hand rail, hand guards ect.
Do you think you'll be able to use something similar in training, or will it just be the standard rifle with none of the gucci stuff on it.
Don't pull face's, it means nothing to me I can't feel a thing. You must drive forward.

'The Paras 1982'
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Al_2 wrote:
jstagg wrote:
Al_2 wrote:Looks top, is that a new version of the SA80 some of them are using?

No it's an sa80 with Weaver mounts for tactical grip, scope, sight, laser, hand rail, hand guards ect.
Do you think you'll be able to use something similar in training, or will it just be the standard rifle with none of the gucci stuff on it.

I very much doubt it, it will be the standard for all troops, I'm sure if you show good skills with a particular weapon stuff may be added to make you perform even better, but Weaver mounts aren't very common on troop weapons, and as far as I can see there's only a couple of guys in Afghanistan who has them, don't mistake the GL on the Sa80 as being connected via weaver mount, I think their connected via the hand guard. I'm sure some one will correct me if I'm wrong but no, weaver mounts are for SF or some advanced soldiers ect.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Just to add, the ballistics goggles aren't to bad, get rid of the tint and take away the snowboarding style of them and their A.O.K, I'm sure you wouldn't want a 3ft sharp piece of shrapnel in your eye, or for those who saw Ross Kemp sunday, DUST! from blatting rounds at the target.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
AddzWilkinson

Post by AddzWilkinson »

jstagg wrote:Just to add, the ballistics goggles aren't to bad, get rid of the tint and take away the snowboarding style of them and their A.O.K, I'm sure you wouldn't want a 3ft sharp piece of shrapnel in your eye, or for those who saw Ross Kemp sunday, DUST! from blatting rounds at the target.
i saw that yea and there wouldnt of made them if they dont serve a purpose lol i wouldnt say no :L and i know what yu mean about the old skiing ones :)