Share This Page:

Osama Bin Laden

Forums Announcements, News & Media Articles along with current home and international affairs.
Sisyphus

Re: Osama Bin Laden

Post by Sisyphus »

I agree with your caution, Wholley. You can kill an individual but you can't kill an idea.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

My sources tell me this news is a week old or more and has been kept hush-hush.
I can certainly understand the reticence at least until those who need to know eerrr. know and can get the waterfowl in line-ahead.

Seal Team 6 are admitting nothing :whistle:

Rocky,check your PM's.
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

The general gist I'm getting is that Al Qaeda's agenda is being undermined by the Arab rebellion for democracy and their ideology is becoming less attractive in the Muslim world. I hope it's true.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Fact: Raghead #1 is dead.
Myth: 2 helicopters flew in with SEALs and raided the compound just like that.
Truth: Wholly is right, this happened a week ago. Paki forces were deeply involved. That area has active ADA and two helicopters, even American ones would be easy prey to any jet, plane or artillery they have and do have on the route. A few months back an American killed 2 Paki Intel officers and was being held. Word is he was involved in the operation during the time he was arrested. SEALs and CIA were involved, but so were Pakistani forces. Matter of fact I hear Paki forces blocked all escape routes. There is some chatter about who fired the killing shot in the firefight, was it a SEAL?, or Paki Army? Seems the US is loudest and taking credit for it.
Lies, thunder stealing truths and who killed who aside I have to say its nice to see OBL dead, maybe now Homeland Security can go away, along with the Patriot Act and the ball squeezing at the airports.
Soul Brutha number 1 (Obama) says he was US born, presented a forged document as proof, killed 3 children in Libya and Gaddafis youngest son and now smoked OBL all in 4 days. That is gangsta.
Ares-God of War

Post by Ares-God of War »

Im surprised that it was SEALs that took part rather than Delta on such important mission.

The general gist I'm getting is that Al Qaeda's agenda is being undermined by the Arab rebellion for democracy and their ideology is becoming less attractive in the Muslim world. I hope it's true.

me too but we dont know how things will turn out eygpt hasnt voted yet, they could vote in an exremest group. we'll just have to watch and see.

Ares
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Whiteman,
Check your PM's FFS.

OOPs sorry,you have.

Delta Force???Delta Force????
No such thing(it says here)

You ain't seen me right? 8)
Ares-God of War

I know, the existance of Delta Force is neither confirmed or denied by the American government.

Ares
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Delta exists and for a long time every new E-5 in the Army was required to go to their induction brief. So I think it is official they exists, plus I've seen them and their compound on Bragg. End of the day it doesn't matter, they have guys who want to be there and deep pockets.
Ares-God of War

Hay, Wholley dont i know you?

Ares
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Ares-God of War wrote:Hay, Wholley dont i know you
Ares
Are you a policeman,lawyer,enraged husband/father,debt collector or ex-wife?
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Whitey wrote:Delta exists and for a long time every new E-5 in the Army was required to go to their induction brief.
Admit nothing,deny everything :D :lol:
Tdivers

Post by Tdivers »

Well with 1 gone then there's just some more open space for the next to pop his ugly head up. Just had a few Americans on some R + R visiting our area on a quick stopover only 3 to 4 days. They needed the rest and certainly knew how to celebrate when they got the news.

Not sure whether this will actually make any difference as now he is gone, he will have reached his martyr status.

Have to keep an eye open and see how things pan out.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Reading between the lines I don't think Pakistan is our friend anymore,despite what John Kerry says.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden
Tab

Post by Tab »

Now they should not have used either the Seals or Delta Force, this was a job for Hollywood