Share This Page:

Did you take part in Remembrance Sunday events?

Forums Announcements, News & Media Articles along with current home and international affairs.
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Did you take part in Remembrance Sunday events?

Post by Beast »

Remembrance Sunday ceremonies took place across the whole of the UK and around the world. Did you take part?

Thousands of people across the country have honoured the men and women killed in conflicts past and present with a two-minute silence.

The Queen led the Remembrance Sunday commemorations at the Cenotaph in London's Whitehall.

Are you a current or former serviceman?
Do you think that Remembrance Day should commemorate the dead from current conflicts as well as those from the First and Second World War?

A current poll suggested that everyone should be remembered including servicemen and civilians lost in war, and that this day should be marked as a day of peace. We are shocked and disgusted but what are your thoughts?

Or maybe you heard a similar story to that of a toiletries store in Wigan which banned its members of staff from wearing poppies. War veterans expressed their fury, but what do you think?

We would like to hear your views...
Tab

Post by Tab »

Th simple answer is yes
We had a parade which was about half mile long led by a pipe band, the the War Memorial which is still being RE Constructed there where 50 wreaths laid by ex servicemen and women and visiting Mayors from France and Belgium. At the war memorial there were several thousand people.
In the evening I carried the Queens Colours at the Festival of Remembrance that is held in our local theatre. Local schools put on a show also we Pipes and Drums of several local bands also gave a display. there was a short service to end the evening
OrganDonor

Post by OrganDonor »

I attended the Cenotaph in Christchurch Park, Ipswich, on Remembrance Sunday.
A march through the town by 4Regt.AAC (bayonets fixed & led by the Boys' Brigade band), RBL, Cadets & St.John volunteers preceeded the Service at Christchurch Park.
Local Dignitaries & officials attended & laid wreaths, (not forgetting of course to bow their heads), & veterans paraded through the park.

An event of note was the attendance of Lorraine McClure, (who's Son Aaron was killed in Afghanistan in 2007), who laid a wreath to honour those killed since WW2.
The only thing neccessary for Evil to succeed is for Good men to do nothing...
green boil

Post by green boil »

Yes i paraded with my company in cheltenham, a huge amount of people were there far more than i thought would turn up, a good day