Share This Page:

British soldier killed in Afghanistan, Tuesday 22 July 2008

Forums Announcements, News & Media Articles along with current home and international affairs.
SO19

British soldier killed in Afghanistan, Tuesday 22 July 2008

Post by SO19 »

Rest in Peace.
British soldier from the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers killed in Afghanistan
A Military Operations news article

23 Jul 08

It is with great sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that a British soldier from the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, attached to 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment, was killed in Afghanistan yesterday, Tuesday 22 July 2008.

A further two soldiers from 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment were injured in the incident, which occurred at 1818 hrs local time on Tuesday 22 July 2008 when the soldiers' routine patrol came under enemy fire in the Kajaki area of Helmand province.

Whilst returning fire one soldier from 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment was injured by a mine. While leaving the scene after suppressing the enemy, a vehicle in which other soldiers were travelling hit a suspected Improvised Explosive Device. One soldier from 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment was injured and one soldier from the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers sustained serious injuries.

The soldier from the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, despite the best medical efforts at the scene, died a few minutes later. All casualties were extracted to the Camp Bastion medical facilities where they received medical care. Their injuries are not life threatening.

The next of kin of all three soldiers have been informed and have requested a 24 hour period of grace before further details are released.
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Defen ... nistan.htm
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
aspinall

Post by aspinall »

Rest Easy
You'll Never Walk Alone