Share This Page:

Two Paras killed in Afghanistan, Tuesday 24 June 2008

Forums Announcements, News & Media Articles along with current home and international affairs.
SO19

Two Paras killed in Afghanistan, Tuesday 24 June 2008

Post by SO19 »

Rest Easy lads.
British soldier from 2nd Battalion the Parachute Regiment killed in Afghanistan
A Military Operations news article

24 Jun 08

It is with great sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that a British soldier from 2nd Battalion the Parachute Regiment has been killed in southern Afghanistan today, Tuesday 24 June 2008.

The soldier was killed this morning during a firefight in Helmand province. He was on a deliberate operation against the Taliban in the Upper Sangin Valley when he was fatally wounded.

Next of kin have been informed and have asked for a 24hour period of grace before further details are released.
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Defen ... nistan.htm

Soldier from 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment killed in Afghanistan on 24 June
A Military Operations news article

25 Jun 08

It is with great sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm the death of a British soldier from 4th Battalion The Parachute Regiment in Afghanistan yesterday, Tuesday 24 June 2008.

At approx 1500 hours the soldier, who was attached to 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment, was dismounted from his vehicle checking for mines in the Upper Sangin Valley when he was killed by a suspected IED explosion. No one else was injured in the incident.

The soldier's next of kin have been informed and have requested a 24 hour period of grace before further details are released.
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Defen ... 24June.htm
Last edited by SO19 on Wed 25 Jun, 2008 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
barrybudden

Post by barrybudden »

Those boys are getting it tight out there. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

RIP, Rest Easy.
aspinall

Post by aspinall »

REST EASY LADS
You'll Never Walk Alone
just_me

Post by just_me »

RIP
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

A tragic loss. My best wishes to both families. RIP lads!