Share This Page:

The Making of a Para - Will It Be Rewritten?

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Boxingmad

The Making of a Para - Will It Be Rewritten?

Post by Boxingmad »

Does anyone remember that book? It was such a good one. Now that almost everything has changed, i.e training at Catterick, 16 Air Assault Brigade, only 1 TA battalion etc, perhaps it might be worth getting the book rewritten, especially in light of such events as Kosovo, Sierra Leone, Afghanistan, and of course Iraq.

I think the author was ex TA para. If anyone knows him, might be worth telling him.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

Ive got that book, Good book but its fairly outdated. I dont think it will be re-written
Utrinque Paratus
CheesePossessed

Post by CheesePossessed »

Of course the books outdated, it's called "passage of time" and things do change. I could put a months wage on it that the author will not re-write the book. Why should he? It was correct when he first wrote it!
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

CheesePossessed wrote:Of course the books outdated, it's called "passage of time" and things do change. I could put a months wage on it that the author will not re-write the book. Why should he? It was correct when he first wrote it!
I agree there, if he re-wrote it, it'd be outdated again in a few years. It was correct at the time, maybe someone else will write a similar book one day that will be correct for it's time.
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

Point taken.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.