Share This Page:

Hats

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Sortezy

Hats

Post by Sortezy »

Hi lads first time posting on this forum and here goes my first question/discussion I have!

I was wondering what serving Paras or retired Paras think about the 7 Para RHA? Do you guys think of them as joke? Do guys in the Paras not give them any respect and are they looked at a certain way?

Whats your overall opinion on these guys?

I have done a tad searching on the Parachute regiment/ Airborne Forces and it has been said in numerous amounts of articles that the Parachute Regiment, 7 Para RHA, Engineers etc have been waiting up to two years just to get their wings!? Some other articles have even said that the politicians are putting an end to Parachute training and that only a handful of guys will be jump trained? Whats the situation as of right now are guys waiting ages to get their wings or are they not even getting them at all now or are the journalists just full of sh*t!

Thanks for any help lads and sorry for the amount of questions :shocked!:

Great to be part of this forum now!

Sortezy
Tab

Re: Hats

Post by Tab »

Most of the transport aircraft have been tied up with the air bridge to Afghanistan, the Regiment have been doing there training out in Florida with the American airborne.

7 RHA and all other units, They are airborne troops and are accepted as the same
Sortezy

Post by Sortezy »

Tab wrote:Most of the transport aircraft have been tied up with the air bridge to Afghanistan, the Regiment have been doing there training out in Florida with the American airborne.

7 RHA and all other units, They are airborne troops and are accepted as the same
I've seen quite a few Paras slagging them of basically calling them wanna be's but I'm guessing that's just banter!

What do you think of the 16 Air Assault being reduced from 8,000 to 5,000? Obviously a lot of places in 7 PARA RHA, 23 Para Engineer Reg etc will be taken away and a lot of opportunities to go to Brize for Jump School.
ofens

Post by ofens »

Paras call everyone hats, even each other! :lol:
If it's the career you want then go for it , don't worry abiut stuff like that.
Everyone everywhere gets ragged for something.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
para

Post by para »

Anyone outside of 1,2 or 3PARA are not seen as equals and are looked down on.
Tab

Post by Tab »

As a former PARA I look upon any one that has passed P Company and has got their wings as an equal. We have passed the same courses and dropped in the same danger zones and we all brothers.
para

Post by para »

As a former Para I do bot see us equals, nor does anyone I served with. P Coy is easy. It's the depot that sets us apart.
Tab

Post by Tab »

There are a quite few people in the Regiment from time to time that have passed the P Course but have not got their wings, so what should we call them